SOLVED: Bighorn - Exterior Entry Steps Light

dannyjo83

I noticed the amber light behind the entry steps are lit at all times. I've owned this 2015 Heartland Bighorn 3875 FB for a year and never noticed the light being on before. I have checked all over unit for a light switch to turn this light off. It is great for entering unit late at night but during day time not needed. Where is light switch for this light?

farside291

Re: ATF: Bighorn - Exterior Entry Steps Light

On my BC its the switch just inside the door to the right. The overhead porch light is turned on from inside the cabinet to the right. I may have the two mixed up though. But, it is one or the other and I am pretty sure its the one just inside the door to the right. I know there are subtle differences between the BH and the BC but the two are pretty similar.

Noofear

On my 2015 Bighorn 3875 FB that amber light is actually operated by remote control I can't find another switch for it anywhere and neither could the salesman or the service department

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

farside291

Wow, I didn't know that, the only lights on the BC that are controlled by the remote are the two scare lights. Its amazing the little differences they make between the BC and BH.

Noofear

I also have the inside entry light that's operated by the magnetic door switch and I have a switch on the right as you walk in that illuminates my stairs and closet and then my exterior lights are operated from inside the coat closet.

padre44

on my 3570 the switch is on the step that goes up to the bedroom right near the door. Took me a while to figure out what it was for.

Noofear

The only light on my remote is that Amber entry step light

I also have the inside entry light that's operated by the magnetic door switch and a switch in the close, I also have a switch on the right as you walk in that illuminates my stairs and closet and then my exterior lights are operated from inside the coat closet.

Last edited by a moderator:

mlpeloquin

It seems, depending on model, Big Country scare lights are controlled only by the remote and the Big Horn the remote controls the amber light under the steps with no other switch.

dannyjo83

I noticed the amber light behind the entry steps are lit at all times. I've owned this 2015 Heartland Bighorn 3875 FB for a year and never noticed the light being on before. I have checked all over unit for a light switch to turn this light off. It is great for entering unit late at night but during day time not needed. Where is light switch for this light?

Thanks, everyone! I found my remote and problem solved.

mrudick66

I have the Bighorn 2016 3760EL and my switch is in the pantry on floor next to the fuse panel unmarked.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk