SOLVED: Cannot remove the TV

Gbohrman

Recently purchased the Pioneer BH280. The TV is on a mount and i have tried everything to get the TV off its mount. Any ideas?

jbeletti

Re: Cannot remove the TV

Welcome to the forum! Can you get a camera with a flash between the TV and mount (bottom) and get a picture of that area (with flash)? Perhaps there's a set-screw on each side??

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired

Hi and WELCOME to the forum and Heartland family!
I can't speak to your specific camper but I do know that some (ours included) require that the backing board be removed to access the securing screws on the TV mount. There's just not enough space under the TV to get to those screws when it's on the wall.

Gbohrman

Thanks both for the replies. I can try and get a camera in to take a pic and i will also take a look for that screw. Will try both tonight and let you know how it works out.

jerryjay11

On mine you need an extended allen wrench to get to the 2 screws on the swivel mount the TV sits on.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

On mine you need an extended allen wrench to get to the 2 screws on the swivel mount the TV sits on.

Or wait until some scumbag rips the TV off the wall, taking the mount with it. Then you can replace it with an articulating one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GregP

I didn't remove the tv from our wall, but one of the screws had jiggled loose and fallen off. I used a small mirror and some rude language to get the screw back in and tighten the other.

mlpeloquin

I didn't remove the tv from our wall, but one of the screws had jiggled loose and fallen off. I used a small mirror and some rude language to get the screw back in and tighten the other.

Get some Loctite and use it and the screws will not come loose unless you want them to. You can even use the cheep Harbor Freight version.

Gbohrman

Finally got this TV off last night. Was actually pretty straightforward and ended up lifting straight off. I was able to see with a mirror. But it was so stuck, it felt like i was going to rip it off the wall. I carefully got some WD-40 on the bracket. After that i was able to lift the TV off the mount. Thank you everyone for the quick responses and ideas. Happy Camping!!