SOLVED, Dometic 2652 in Mallard M33 - Works on electric, not gas

nbkj5mw

Looking for some help again. I'm a very mechanically inclined newbie that just bought an M33. Fixed the water heater that wasn't heating on electric due to a missing wire nut. Now I need to fix the fridge.

The fridge works perfectly on electric, but not gas. Tanks are both full. Lines are purged as far as I can tell. I turn off the Auto button and hear one click, like a solenoid. That's it. No check light comes on. One note, the 12V lead didn't have a fuse in the holder. Weird. I added a fuse. No change.

Thoughts and suggestions?

Oregon_Camper

Re: Dometic 2652 in Mallard M33 - Works on electric, not gas

Looking for some help again. I'm a very mechanically inclined newbie that just bought an M33. Fixed the water heater that wasn't heating on electric due to a missing wire nut. Now I need to fix the fridge.

The fridge works perfectly on electric, but not gas. Tanks are both full. Lines are purged as far as I can tell. I turn off the Auto button and hear one click, like a solenoid. That's it. No check light comes on. One note, the 12V lead didn't have a fuse in the holder. Weird. I added a fuse. No change.

Thoughts and suggestions?

Did that fuse blow?

Did the refrig work on 12v during your PDI?

nbkj5mw

Did that fuse blow?

Did the refrig work on 12v during your PDI?

Did not blow the fuse.

Bought pre-owned from private seller. We ran through all the systems from a standpoint of how each worked and how to use. Didn't think about or know enough to wait for LP side of fridge to cool down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

Unplug the trailer from shore power.

Now, test the battery. What is the voltage?

Will the heater come on without Shore power? The reason I ask about the heater is to determine the amount of power coming off the battery. Neither one will work if the battery is too low.

nbkj5mw

Funny you mention the heater/furnace. I didn't know the furnace was separate from the A/C. Just assumed reverse cycle. Oops. Anyway, when I switch the thermostat to heat, the relay in the thermostat trips but no heat. No blower. As for battery, it's newer but when I check water, it was realllllly low. All plates exposed.

Unplugging and testing resting voltage is on my to-do list for this evening. Is suspect the battery is toasted.

Oregon_Camper

Does your burner stove top work? Just making sure propane is flowing. I know you said the tanks are full...just want to test if propane is flowing.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny you mention the heater/furnace. I didn't know the furnace was separate from the A/C. Just assumed reverse cycle. Oops. Anyway, when I switch the thermostat to heat, the relay in the thermostat trips but no heat. No blower. As for battery, it's newer but when I check water, it was realllllly low. All plates exposed.

Unplugging and testing resting voltage is on my to-do list for this evening. Is suspect the battery is toasted.

If you attempt to fill that battery, remember to use distilled water only. Never tap water.

nbkj5mw

I suspected that battery was weak or bad. When I got the rig and checked the water level in the battery, it was low, plates exposed. Refilled with distilled water.

Anyway, I disconnected the shore power and the battery leads. Battery showed 12.39V and dropped steadily over the next 30 minutes to 11.5V. Had is load tested and it failed. Also noticed a bulge on the side indicating a failed cell.

I replaced it was a group 27 deep cycle. Fridge did the same thing....turned off Auto, the check light flashes on then off, I hear one click (solenoid or relay, not igniter like sound), and that's it. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, I'd be able to hear the fridge running, at least from the outside?

I haven't tried the bumper grill. I will tonight. I had to get a hose which should be delivered today. The stove and LP side of the water heater work, so I assume gas is flowing properly.

nbkj5mw

Resolved. Got the diagnostic manual. Loose 12V on the gas solenoid.

Oregon_Camper

Resolved. Got the diagnostic manual. Loose 12V on the gas solenoid.

Any chance you took a picture(s), so someone searching this site will know what to look for?