SOLVED - Front landing gear jack leaking fluid

Donhutch1800

We have a 2012 landmark san antonio and the front leveling jack is leaking fluid.all hoses are tight so I'm sure it's the seal.was wondering if warranty would cover this.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: ATF: Landmark - Front landing gear jack leaking fluid

If your unit is still under warranty, it should be covered.
If not, can you pinpoint where the leak is?
There is a banjo bolt on the return side of the cylinder. There is an O-ring on that banjo bolt.
The bolt is about 2 inches long and should be easy enough to remove it and change that O-ring.
I have one that is leaking and plan to change it as soon as it gets above freezing.....probably April.

Peace
Dave

Donhutch1800

The leak is coming from the top and runs down the side and drips on the foot.

Donhutch1800

Thanks guys I will replace the seals on the banjo bolts.just hope I can find some seals at a auto supply.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Thanks guys I will replace the seals on the banjo bolts.just hope I can find some seals at a auto supply.
Donhutch1800, in an earlier post you said that your leak was coming from the top.
Are you able to identify the exact leak position? You need to do this before changing parts.
You may just have a loose or cracked fitting on a hose.
The banjo bolt that I spoke of earlier is on the return, which is on the bottom of the cylinder. There may be a banjo bolt shown in Jims pictures. It would be the recessed one. It has nothing to do with the hose.
And to answer one of your other questions, the orange hose is for extend and the black is for retract.
HERE IS A LINK that may shed some light.

Peace
Dave

Donhutch1800

Donhutch1800, in an earlier post you said that your leak was coming from the top.
Are you able to identify the exact leak position? You need to do this before changing parts.
You may just have a loose or cracked fitting on a hose.
The banjo bolt that I spoke of earlier is on the return, which is on the bottom of the cylinder. There may be a banjo bolt shown in Jims pictures. It would be the recessed one. It has nothing to do with the hose.
And to answer one of your other questions, the orange hose is for extend and the black is for retract.
HERE IS A LINK that may shed some light.

Peace
Dave
Replaced o-ring on banjo bolt and leak is fixed.thanks.