SOLVED: New 2020 CY 4007 Listing to Port side

Lndeatr

I finally got the new 4007 out for a shakedown to find any issues and fix them and to make a list of those things that the dealer will fix. So far so good. I am driving a truck working the fire cleanup in Sonoma and Napa counties in Northern California. I live about 2 1/2 hours away so this is a great opportunity. We received a free year for Thousands Trails which included 14 free days. There is a beautiful park right where I am working in Cloverdale so I drug it up here. My wife and son who is home from Hawaii on college break (and our 2 boxers) came up for the week. Best Christmas present ever.

First I want to say that it is night and day difference towing it compared to the 2017 3611 we traded in. Even though it is a little over 1000 lbs heavier, it towed wonderful. The 3611 used to cause trailer sway and didn't like to stop. It also bounced the truck on uneven roads and when hitting bumps. The 4007 runs straight, has way less bounce at the hitch, and stops way better. That third axle really pays off.

There are a couple little things that I can fix light wiring issues, securing trim properly, adding a second battery, adjusting cabinet doors etc.. One big issue with the leveling though and I hope someone here might have had the same issue and has a workaround until I can get it repaired/replaced.

This rig had the Lippert Levelup system with the touchpad control panel inside the drivers side front compartment as well as the smaller push button control pad on the front of the rig for hitching/unhitching. During the PDI I made sure the hydraulics worked as well as auto level using the front pad. I scrolled through the screens on the touchpad screen using the left/right arrows at the top and even watched a short video on it how to level. Using the front touchpad to level, it levels out at about 3" low on the drivers side and maybe 4" low to the front. Being low in the front isn't as noticeable as side to side as the rig is 43" long. Side to side is noticable. Do I finally find the manual online (old push button directions came with the rig) and set out to level it manually. Problem is THE BOTTOM HALF OF THE TOUCH SCREEN DOES NOT RESPOND TO TOUCH). I can get to the right screens but can't select anything.

Anyone have this issue? Anywork arounds? I used to install and work on precision ag electronics on tractors and ag equipment and one of the tricks we used to use on non responsive touch screens was a hair dryer on the touch screen to warm it up to get it to work long enough to save data. I'm gonna try that now that my wife is here and has a hair dryer..... Any other ideas?

20191215_160344.jpgresize 2.jpg

Lndeatr

Re: New 2020 4007. Update/Listing Portside

FIXED!!

Turns out the touchscreen was not seated fully. Today was the first day I was here during daylight and it wasn't pouring rain. I found the install instructions and then checked connections. Turns out the touchscreen wasn't seated properly. Leveled it out, set a new zero calibration and all is well.

Merry Christmas!!!

Dmetcalf

Re: New 2020 4007. Update/Listing Portside (fixed)

Congrats on your new 4007..! We have the 2019 - 4007 and we love it..! We are planning on retiring in the next 14 months and selling off the house/stuff and moving in full time. We actually went on a tour at the factory last May and it was fascinating..!

Lndeatr

Congrats on your new 4007..! We have the 2019 - 4007 and we love it..! We are planning on retiring in the next 14 months and selling off the house/stuff and moving in full time. We actually went on a tour at the factory last May and it was fascinating..!

Thanks. So far we love the layout,especially the bedroom, and the quality of the work on this rig is night and day difference from our 3611. 3611 was shabbily thrown together. Pieces of trim and a cupboard door literally fell off on our first trip not to mention they put right side brake assemblies on both sides. Lost our trailer brakes in the mountains. Limped home but it was no fun. On the 4007 everything is pretty solid and put together well. I have been in it for almost 2 weeks working out of town and my wife, son, and 2 boxers came up Sunday for Christmas week. I have a few tweaks to make here and there but otherwise very pleased. I do wish the steps into the bedroom were a little bigger though. I'm 6'3" with big feet and have to come down the stairs with my feet sideways when I am barefoot.

I'm retired sorta. Put in 28 years in law enforcement. Retired and took 3 weeks off and then started working again full time until my wife retires at some point in the next few years. We don't see ourselves going full time but we do want to go on month long trips. I'm driving a truck right now and can get a medium duty or even HD tractor pretty cheap and convert it to an RV hauler to better handle the long pulls.

Merry Christmas

Dmetcalf

I agree with you on the stairs going to the bedroom. I installed a handrail made out of pipe (attached pic). This helps some going up or coming down. mod for our 4007.jpg

Attachments

• A9F4004B-105B-407A-865F-06440F8DA407.jpg
    A9F4004B-105B-407A-865F-06440F8DA407.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 33

Dmetcalf

I finally got the new 4007 out for a shakedown to find any issues and fix them and to make a list of those things that the dealer will fix. So far so good. I am driving a truck working the fire cleanup in Sonoma and Napa counties in Northern California. I live about 2 1/2 hours away so this is a great opportunity. We received a free year for Thousands Trails which included 14 free days. There is a beautiful park right where I am working in Cloverdale so I drug it up here. My wife and son who is home from Hawaii on college break (and our 2 boxers) came up for the week. Best Christmas present ever.

First I want to say that it is night and day difference towing it compared to the 2017 3611 we traded in. Even though it is a little over 1000 lbs heavier, it towed wonderful. The 3611 used to cause trailer sway and didn't like to stop. It also bounced the truck on uneven roads and when hitting bumps. The 4007 runs straight, has way less bounce at the hitch, and stops way better. That third axle really pays off.

There are a couple little things that I can fix light wiring issues, securing trim properly, adding a second battery, adjusting cabinet doors etc.. One big issue with the leveling though and I hope someone here might have had the same issue and has a workaround until I can get it repaired/replaced.

This rig had the Lippert Levelup system with the touchpad control panel inside the drivers side front compartment as well as the smaller push button control pad on the front of the rig for hitching/unhitching. During the PDI I made sure the hydraulics worked as well as auto level using the front pad. I scrolled through the screens on the touchpad screen using the left/right arrows at the top and even watched a short video on it how to level. Using the front touchpad to level, it levels out at about 3" low on the drivers side and maybe 4" low to the front. Being low in the front isn't as noticeable as side to side as the rig is 43" long. Side to side is noticable. Do I finally find the manual online (old push button directions came with the rig) and set out to level it manually. Problem is THE BOTTOM HALF OF THE TOUCH SCREEN DOES NOT RESPOND TO TOUCH). I can get to the right screens but can't select anything.

Anyone have this issue? Anywork arounds? I used to install and work on precision ag electronics on tractors and ag equipment and one of the tricks we used to use on non responsive touch screens was a hair dryer on the touch screen to warm it up to get it to work long enough to save data. I'm gonna try that now that my wife is here and has a hair dryer..... Any other ideas?

View attachment 63479View attachment 63480
I know this is an older thread but I thought I would ask how your 4007 is holding up so far..? We have been full timing in ours now for about 17 months and so far only minor things that you would expect nothing major …. So far.

Smurf

I have a 2019 4007 and love it. I have not had many issues just typical issues ie. Screws come loose, some tabs on the outlets have broken. Only real issue was the rear awning would not retract. Took it in and the electric motor burned out guess this is a common issue for the rear awning.
81c636ebcd85490c54330d151d0ef21c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk