(SOLVED) Norcold Fridge 1210 right side not freezing

mikeandconnie

Our 4 door Norcold fridge is acting unusual. The left freezer with the ice maker is freezing fine, but the right side is just cold and not freezing anything. Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions? No error codes and the refrigerator is working fine.

Thanks for any input,
Mike

danemayer

Re: Norcold Fridge 1210 right side not freezing

Hi Mike,

Sounds pretty odd. I think I'd look at the door seals and other possible sources of air leaks on that side. Dollar bill test: close the door on a dollar bill and pull the bill. No drag means air leaks.

If you need manuals, they're in the manuals section of the forum.

mikeandconnie

Now two days later it's not cooling at all. Still no error codes and the burner seems to be working. I see no evidence of leakage around the cooling unit but think it's the problem. I have a tech coming Monday and guess he will run a bypass and check it. Darn, it's only 10 month old... Any suggestion ?

danemayer

Is the problem the same whether running on shore power or on LP? If it's warm, it might take a few hours before you can tell if anything has changed.

If the refrigerator is not reasonably level, you may have a blockage in the gravity system.

If you've been in extreme cold, you may have a blockage in the gravity system.

Glad to hear it's under warranty.

mikeandconnie

Update: The fridge is working great today. I have already made 2 cups of ice in the right freezer. The only thing I did today was shut down 12 volt DC to do some other work. I did unplug AC and cut the fridge switch off a few days ago, but didn't the cut DC. Maybe shutting down DC reset the system.

mikeandconnie

I thought I would put a update here to help others if they have this problem. The reason my fridge was not freezing was the converter is not putting out enough amps to maintain a steady voltage and low battery as we run the furnace and turn lights on. It was explained to me the fridge do not work very well with dirty power/fluctuating power. With the battery fully charge and using the lights and furnace only as needed the fridge is working wonderful. A converter is being ship to the dealer to be replace next week.

blkdodge

I just developed the same issue. My temp setting was at 6 changed to 9. 8 hours later ice cream still very soft. I have benn wondering about my batteries, so maybe its time for replacements. freezer temp is 19-20 degrees and frig is 36 degrees. :confused:
Any thoughts.

danemayer

I just developed the same issue. My temp setting was at 6 changed to 9. 8 hours later ice cream still very soft. I have benn wondering about my batteries, so maybe its time for replacements. freezer temp is 19-20 degrees and frig is 36 degrees. :confused:
Any thoughts.
Hi blkdodge,

So you have a Norcold 1210 where the right side is not freezing. I assume you're plugged into shore power. If your power converter is working correctly, it should be supplying enough voltage to the refrigerator, even if there's no battery installed.

You might find some help in our guide on 12V troubleshooting.

blkdodge

I guessing this is a semi common problem, but what I dont understand why the left side is ok and the right side is not. I did run it on propane over the night and it seems better but the ice cream is still soft. I have not checked the converter output voltage yet. Also the the freezer was pretty empty then the wife loaded it up full. I know it would take longer to freeze everything but it should not take this long.