(Solved) Only Luke Warm Water on LPG

rancol01

Randy and Colleen Smith
Suburban 12 gal DSI works perfect on 120v. When I switch to LPG it goes through the normal lighting sequence and starts up; operates for a few minutes and once the water is luke warm it shuts down, goes through the lighting sequence again without lighting up and the small red light on the interior switch illuminates. I've checked through the manual and the trouble shooter's guide on the forum, checked voltage across Hi-Limit/ECO and Thermostat and it's working as it should. I'm thinking the circuit/control board, anyone with similar experiences or ideas?

carl.swoyer

Re: Only Luke Warm Water on LPG

Have you pressed the reset on the heater

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !

carl.swoyer

e730a18e7670516cf7b46cb219b92918.jpg

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

See those connectors in Carl's photo? Try pulling them off and cleaning the blades. Spray some contact cleaner into the female ends, too. Doesn't take a lot of oxidation to muck it up. Changing the circuit board is pretty easy, but will run you about $80, so I would try the simple stuff first. A Hi-Limit switch will run about $35. BTDT, and it will still run fine on propane for hours and then decide not to until I cycle the water heater switch (propane one) off, wait at least minutes, then turn it back on. If you don't wait for any unignited gas to clear, you and the rest of the CG will know it by the boom.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

I would also pull the burner tube an have a look to be sure that no little critters made a nest in there.

Peace
Dave

carl.swoyer

Those contacts are hot ! Be careful

carl.swoyer

Depending on your year model dometic had a recall on the thermostat . sub standard material.

Last edited:

rancol01

Randy and Colleen Smith

Thanks for all the suggestions, I've gone through everything suggested a couple of days ago except checking the burner tube/orifice. I had it off a couple of months ago to replace the 120v heating element and it looked fine then, but haven't used it on LPG since so maybe some little critter has moved in; I'll check that in the next couple days and let you know.

rancol01

Randy and Colleen Smith

Burner tube/orifice seem to be ok, the valve doesn't allow the gas to flow even with 12v to the solenoids. I've ordered a new valve through Amazon, will report back as soon as it arrives and I get the chance to change it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rancol01

Randy and Colleen Smith

Replaced the valve yesterday and everything is working as it should, thanks for the inputs!