SOLVED: Power Loss with Generator On

ricky4453

I have new road warrior rw305 and I lost power from generator but I don't now where the inverter is located? Thanks for any help

ricky4453

ATF: Road Warrior - Power Inverter Location on RW305

I overloaded my Onaan and lost all power. Generator runs fine, breakers are not tripped. Dealer says its the inverter but service is gone for the day an no one can tell me where the inverter is... Please help!

BarneyFife

Re: Help please! Power inverter location?

I'm going to guess. Mine went out on my Cyclone after about 15 months but our floorplans are different.

In the pass-through compartment underneath, remove the back wall panel. The wall on mine is held in by four screws. Behind that wall panel was my inverter. I think that's a common place for them.

jimtoo

Hi Ricky4453,

You say "breakers are not tripped." Are these the ones inside the RV or on the Onaan itself? I am pretty sure there are circuit breakers on the Onaan also, and maybe on the transfer switch. Have you checked these?

I did combine your both your post and moved them to a better area for information. Double posting of same problem in different threads is not allowed.

Jim M

Also,,, reset the breakers anyway.. sometimes they don't look like they are tripped, but are. Turn'em off and Turn'em on.

MTPockets

Power Converter......... Inverter is used to convert 12v battery power to 110v elect. Some have both Converter and Inverter, but needs a lot of battery power for running electric items.

ricky4453

Sorry about that Jim! I was at Bristol and was not a favor the idea of not having power :) I did find that one of the breakers on the Onan tripped and once reset the power doesn't come right back on when you fire up the generator. I wasn't waiting long enough... Another lesson learned...

scottyb

The time delay is due to the ATS, automatic transfer switch. It allows the generator to warm up before letting power pass.

How did you overload the generator if I may ask? It should run everything in the coach at the same time, unless you have 3 AC's. The reason I ask is because I had the breakers tripping on my Onan shortly before suffering a failed ATS. Upon installing a new ATS and having only intermittent power, I traced down the culprit. It was bad wiring connection in the J-box just outside the generator. There has been at least one other Cyclone owner here that discovered the same thing in his 2013.

ricky4453

I had 2 AC units running, coffe brewing, and when I turned on the TV the breaker tripped.

scottyb

I had 2 AC units running, coffe brewing, and when I turned on the TV the breaker tripped.

The Onan specs claim that it can startup two 15K AC's. I assume you have a 15 and a 13.5 and it's not like they both would startup at the same time. It doesn't seem like the coffee maker and TV should have tripped a breaker. I frequently run both AC's, the microwave, and TV at the same time, and I'm pretty sure I have ran the hot water heater with both AC's. Hopefully it was just a glitch, but if it continues I would check that J-box.

ricky4453

The Onan specs claim that it can startup two 15K AC's. I assume you have a 15 and a 13.5 and it's not like they both would startup at the same time. It doesn't seem like the coffee maker and TV should have tripped a breaker. I frequently run both AC's, the microwave, and TV at the same time, and I'm pretty sure I have ran the hot water heater with both AC's. Hopefully it was just a glitch, but if it continues I would check that J-box.

thanks Scotty. I will keep an eye on it.