Solved - Trail Runner 30SLE Furnace quit

RWizinsky

Is there an easy way to get this furnace out? I was told that even though I bought it new less than 1-1/2 ago, that the unit is probably not under warranty due to it sitting on the lot for a while. I purchased the unit 12/23/2014.

The heater blower motor comes on for about 5 seconds and then kicks off. The panel light blinks once every 3 seconds or so indicating an obstruction. It needs a hard reset to try again. My thought are the switch went bad.

There is not an outside access panel on this unit and it looks like I'd have to unscrew the unit from the floor and the side of the camper to get it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Re: ATF: Trail Runner - Trail Runner 30SLE Furnace quit

The Suburban Furnace document that I have says it comes with a 2 year warranty. The warranty clock starts running on the date of original purchase of the trailer. It's not related to the date of manufacture. So you should still be under warranty from Suburban (if that's the furnace supplier for your rig). Contact your dealer (or an authorized Suburban repair location) and have them verify coverage.

hoefler

Check for an insect nest inside the heat exchanger, very common problem.

RWizinsky

Yep, mud dabbers love heaters.
Cleaned it out pretty good, vacuumed and blew out the vents. No luck. No luck on getting anyone to believe I had a 2 year warranty either. Sighh. I keep getting told the TrailRunner has a 1 year warranty, even by the Coldwater, Mi, people I bought it from. Very frustrated at this point.

danemayer

Cleaned it out pretty good, vacuumed and blew out the vents. No luck. No luck on getting anyone to believe I had a 2 year warranty either. Sighh. I keep getting told the TrailRunner has a 1 year warranty, even by the Coldwater, Mi, people I bought it from. Very frustrated at this point.

Do you have the document pouch that came with your trailer? There should be a furnace document with a warranty statement.

If you don't have a copy, the Suburban furnace docs are in this folder. There's a warranty page that says 2 years.

You can also call Suburban directly to confirm the warranty. (423) 775-2131

Of course, that assumes you have a Suburban furnace in the SF series. Another manufacturer or another series might have a different warranty.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

The heater is warrantied by the manufacturer not HL. Call Suburban and insist they honor the warranty. Your dealer should know this..if they refuse to help you...shame on them.

hoefler

Unfortunately, simply blowing it out or vacuuming it, is not sufficient. A mud dauber's nest needs to be physically removed, usually requires disassembly of the unit.

RWizinsky

I'm happy to say I got it fixed at General RV, they took care of it and did it under the Atwood 2 year warranty. The unit did have to be removed from the unit, but they didn't really have time to tell me how they did it, the tech was working on another unit when I picked it up. All is right with the world again. I've got heat now that it's going to be 85 degrees all week here.