Son enters the Air Force

VKTalley

Today, I am one proud momma!!! My son was sworn into the U.S. Air Force (bigger ceremony later that Malcolm and I can attend). Thank you to all who he talked to at the Goshen Rally. He was very encouraged by your input. So, a new phase of his life starts!

pegmikef

As far as I am concerned, there is no better way to start your adult career than serving in the United States military. Congratulations and you have every right to be proud!

4ever

Congrats to your son and family. We thank him for his service in protecting us and our country.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
You kept that secret well! Congratulations to you all! Now we just have one more thing in common....Heartland, children/grandchildren in WA, being called Nana, and sons in the military!

VKTalley

Anita, no date yet on that ceremony but David is going to keep us posted.
Kelly, David asked to keep is quiet (he wanted to "naysayers"), and, YES, we do have another thing in common!
Thank you, everyone else, for your kind words! I will pass them along to David as he is preparing to leave (no dates yet on starting boot camp).

HappyKayakers

Good deal! My 20 years in the Air Force now allows me to fulltime without worrying about medical expenses all over the country :)

FiremanBill

Congrats! That is super awesome!!

I retired from the Air Force in 2001 and 4 days later went back to work for the same unit now in the Civil Service. Will be 32 years total this October.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
An excellent choice! My 4yrs. active and 27 active reserve equated to a nice little extra pension, medical care for me and the wife, great travels, and great friends.

And basic training was the tractor I needed to pull my head out of my arse in 1967.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Congratulations, our daughter is in the Navy and stationed in Guam loving it. She had some homesick issues last year during boot camp with no communications home until she was done but is loving her experiences now. Thank him also for his service and making this sacrifice for us all.