Soon to be New Heartlander, RV'er, FT'er

Well, we joined the forum as we had lots of questions, then soon saw that you've already 'been there done that'. So in the absence of any inteligent question we decided just to introduce ourselves.
We're Joan, Jim, Bill (the truck) and soon to be WesternWagon (BC2950RK). Been camping (car & backpack) for years and finaly decided the 9-5 malarky is just that, malarky. So BC arrives next month, sell the house and all the 'stuff' next spring and get out there.
We'll post pictures once the family is complete.
See on you the road!
Cheers

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Joan, Jim and Bill, welcome to the best forum in town.
And congratulations on the new BC.
It sounds like now that you have dumped all the malary your ready to hit the road. Sounds like fun ahead.
Consider joining the Heartland Owners Club.
Click 'Owners Club' from the Portal Page.
You can take in chapter rallies when you are on the road.

Peace
Dave

jjriker

Congratulations!! We are soon to be fulltimers as well! Good luck with the final months of prep before hitting the road. They are super busy but exciting times!

bimmy

Hi we are Tim & Jean from Canada and we are now full timers been camping for more then 10 years. And now in the south and moving around checking places out We are at Wilderness Rv. Resort been here for 3 weeks and having a good time The lots are nice sizes here. We came Here in March of this years the price is not bad we are moving on the 5th of December to look around for new spots down south. And we are always on the move LOL

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Congratulations on the new rig! No doubt you will enjoy the new Big Country as much as we enjoy ours! Be sure to check out the Heartland Owners Club and both the Pacific Region and California Chapters North, Central and South.

Safe travels and happy camping!

JasonShrout

Western wagon,
We've been at it for 7 months now. You're going to love it! Make sure to video the walk-thru at the dealer. You'll likely forget something that isn't explained well in the manual.

aatauses

We have been F/T going on 4 years--you will enjoy it and meet VERY nice people. Let us know if we can help in any way and you move forward with your dream.
al

Thanks for all the encouragement, as jjriker said 'super busy' indeed. We spent thanksgiving taking furniture to brother inlaw in Pheonix. Our first time towing, only an 8ft Uhaul but we stopped 1/2 way and reversed that puppy around the desert till I had it within a couple of inches of where I wanted it. I'm sure 33ft of 5th wheel will be a different story, but at least I get the mechanics of it now (take it slow, very very slow).
Cheers.

jimtoo

Hi Joan, Jim, Bill,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here and all willing to help with any problem if needed.

I'm sure you will enjoy your new toy and will even have lots of questions, that's what the forum is for, help solve problems, answer questions and make lots of friends.

Like you said, take it slow, double check everything. You will be surprised as to how easy things go after just a little practice and use.

Enjoy the forum and your new toy.

Jim M