Sources for ebooks?

Walkabout

We both received Nook ereaders for Christmas & we love them. We were wondering where we can find ebooks to borrow instead of buying them.We spend much of the winter near Cottonwood, AZ & the public library has a program where winter visitors can get a library card for a refundable deposit of $10 which we use. But they do not have an unlimited supply of books available & much of what is in the catalog has only one copy available so there are long waits to get the more popular authors. We are fulltimers with Oregon residency but no property in Oregon. Most Oregon public libraries require residence in the city or county to get a card.Does anyone know of a state or local library that has a program like Cottonwood where we can get a card & download privileges?

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I don't know about places for borrowing books, bookbub.com has lots of free books for download. They aren't necessarily the new or best know titles, but that's how you discover authors and titles not well known.

Kristy

Westwind

Try Bookbub.com, I get an email everyday and there are usually 2 free ones out of the offerings, you long on by indicated what your interested in, sales are free through amazon.com. Been using it for 3 months and have gotten a lot of good reads. PS I have Kindle on my laptop and that's how I read them, will work with Kindles.

TXTiger

Not sure if you can log onto iTunes on a Nook. I have an iPad and download free and inexpensive books from iTunes. They have a section of $3.99 or less books and a free book section to browse. Unfortunately I always want the $12.99 book to read, lol lol lol.