Specific level

Mburgess

I just bought 2019 Torque 325, and I am trying to decide what kind of levels to use on the side Is one better than the other? Any recommendations would be great. I searched the forums but couldn’t find what I am looking for. Thank you

jerryjay11

I use a Hopkins graduated level on the tongue which will tell me in inches which side needs to be raised. With it placed there I am able to see it from my tongue jack for easier reference.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The Hopkins levels do work, once you get them mounted with the trailer truly level. I've noticed one of mine has expanded its bubble (wall side one) after some years from exposure to the sun, so it will need replacing. My primary leveling system is an electronic LVL-1 set I bought years ago. Transmitter goes inside the rig (on our island counter top) and the receiver is outside with me as I manipulate the Ground Control jacks. It shows both front to back and side to side degrees and inches to move to achieve level. Once the slides are out, I check it again and tweak if necessary.

It looks like the original manufacturer, JTRV, a subsidiary of Happijac , got swallowed up by Lippert. No doubt the device got kicked to the curb because it can't be located online anymore.

Last edited:
These levels that tell you how far to raise or lower one side sound really cool. I wonder why I never saw this when I had a travel trailer!

Anyway, I'm curious...do they assume a certain trailer width and level placement, or do you set that info somehow? 2 inches up or down is very different at 4 inches, or 4 feet, from center of trailer.

Thanks!
Ken

jerryjay11

These levels that tell you how far to raise or lower one side sound really cool. I wonder why I never saw this when I had a travel trailer!

Anyway, I'm curious...do they assume a certain trailer width and level placement, or do you set that info somehow? 2 inches up or down is very different at 4 inches, or 4 feet, from center of trailer.

Thanks!
Ken

I haven't looked at everyone of the TT's out there, but my last 2 were 8 feet wide. I think that may be the standard, but never looked into it. My level is round, with a cover to protect it from direct sunlight. No matter what you'll never get the TT perfectly level. I mean if the level tells you that you need 2 1/2 inches on one side, are you going to have a 1/2 inch block to do this? Probably not.

I haven't looked at everyone of the TT's out there, but my last 2 were 8 feet wide. I think that may be the standard, but never looked into it. My level is round, with a cover to protect it from direct sunlight. No matter what you'll never get the TT perfectly level. I mean if the level tells you that you need 2 1/2 inches on one side, are you going to have a 1/2 inch block to do this? Probably not.

Oh yeah, I'm with ya there. I leveled my TT with blocks, but I know a lot of folks used a cordless drill and scissor jacks to dial it in. There's also the tactic of putting a block under only one of your two axles to raise it just a little vs putting a block under both axles.

Ken

rhodies1

I use the ReVo Leveller,it’s the best money I’ve spent.look it up on google and read how it works.love it.

Tsys100718

Thanks!
Ken

I recently purchased the LevelMate Pro and the installation starts with you leveling your coach as close to perfect as possible. I had to use a car jack and a bottle jack for side to side leveling to perfection. If you have a slide, be sure to level with the slide in the travel position not the open position.
Did I mention that this is used in conjunction with a smart phone/tablet with bluetooth for single person use once set up.
Next you are instructed to enter the width of the coach, measured outside of tire to outside of tire. Then you will need to measure the length for TT it's center of tongue jack to center of rearmost axle. For fifth wheels it is from the center of the landing gear to the center of the rear axle. For motor coaches it is center of front axle to center of rearmost axle.
Then just hit the 'Set Level' button on your phone/tablet. Wait for the completion of the setup. Now you can set the sensitivity options in increments of 1/4 inch.

It works great. I bought this because my dog and cat were always telling me things were level when they weren't! OK, in their defense, neither one talks to well!

avvidclif

X2 on the LevelMate Pro. Beats the Level-Up hands down. As for the 1/2", with hydraulic levelers you can zero it.

FWIW the 325 is a 5th wheel.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Took a look at the Level Mate online. Similar to my LVL-1 in that a transmitter sends the info to an outside receiver. In my case, I’ve got the remote controller for the original Ground Control system to manipulate the jacks to level. If it (the LVL-1) ever gives up the ghost, the Level Mate looks to be a good replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk