Spray foam insulation

I have a home built in 1959 with stucco on paper and wire, no sheeting. I have demoed (plaster walls) the home and found some tears in the paper. I can probably repair
but I am concerned with moisture getting to the new dry wall.

I was considering a closed cell spray foam kit. Can I spray over the moisture barrier in the stud bays and insulate with spray foam.

I’m not sure what other alternatives but like the thought of a sprayed in insulation since I live by the coast where the air moisture is heavy. Plus I get rain and wind in winter.

Can someone please advise me if I can shoot it over the paper and will it be my best option for stucco wall with no siding to protect drywall.

I have a home built in 1959 with stucco on paper and wire, no sheeting. I have demoed (plaster walls) the home and found some tears in the paper. I can probably repair
but I am concerned with moisture getting to the new dry wall.

I was considering a closed cell spray foam kit. Can I spray over the moisture barrier in the stud bays and insulate with spray foam.

I’m not sure what other alternatives but like the thought of a sprayed in insulation since I live by the coast where the air moisture is heavy spray foam insulation dc. Plus I get rain and wind in winter.

Can someone please advise me if I can shoot it over the paper and will it be my best option for stucco wall with no siding to protect drywall.
thanks for all your suggestions.

hoefler

Closed cell is an excellent choice for what you are wanting to do. I'm a contractor, I use it quite a bit in many projects that benefit from using it. Well house is a prime example, high humidity, rodents, and insects are always a problem. Close cell seals them up excellently and usually lowers the electric bill from heating.