Spring bolts

jnspenc

BigSpenc
Make sure you don't find this on your next trip
b8b3179402efc85fe7a83f7e996eb997.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westwind

Makes you want to run out and replace them! Unfortunately that doesn't guarantee they won't snap off.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen that before on my brothers trailer. His took out two tires when they were rubbing together.
I have twice broken a wet bolt on mine but caught them during my routine inspection, so no damage.
Looks like your tire has some cupping wear. It could have been worse.

Peace
Dave

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I have a 2015 Landmark also. I just greased them the other day and everything looked OK but I think I'll start checking them a bit more often now. How many miles do you have on it ? I'm pushing 4000 from us and the 2200 on the trip out here from the factory. Call it 6000 miles.
Good thing you have Level-up that will make it a lot easier to do the repair.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I know they do wear, on our ElkRidge we snapped a shackle on a trip (4.5 years old, probably 25k+ miles). After we got home, we replaced all the bolts, shackles and the trail-air suspension, and all the bolts had wear indentations where metal meets metal. I thought I had a pic but I can't find it.

TravelTiger

Aha! I found one we kept. I can't tell you if it came from a shackle or eye of the spring.

62f86bba5c4d1718e36ecf5f57ab1d54.jpg
fb5a7b3606ac16a0ae425ad98d44118c.jpg

jnspenc

BigSpenc
I have bolts coming from lippert, where did you get replacement bolts?? At an auto supply?? Was told by lippert if I didn't use the right bolt, it could effect my warranty

TravelTiger

Wow, thanks

The bushings inside the eyes of the shackles were also pretty deteriorated. We replaced them also with the Lippert "Never Fail" bushings.

TravelTiger

One last thing, before any major trip (over 300 miles) we would check the tightness of the u-bolts, suspension and spring hanger bolts with a torque wrench. I think I read about doing so on the forum, but it was also in the Lippert running gear manual we got with our previous rig.

rxbristol

I went out to look at mine and noticed it was a slightly different system, so now I'm surprised the 365 does not have the Correct Track system. Has it been deleted from the Heartland lineup?