Square tube for slide hitting overflow

NYSUPstater

I noticed while standing by RR corner of RV yesterday and DW was opening the slides up a "clicking" sound and was puzzled as to what it was. So looked under the slide as it was going out and saw the square connecting rod/tube hitting the 90* elbow for the fresh tank overflow on right side of coach. Never saw/heard this before.....then again, I'm inside or on other side of coach when slides are being operated. Should I be concerned as the elbow def was moving? Try to reposition elbow? Other?

wdk450

If this is a tank overflow tube/pipe there should be no immediate water spillage concerns. I don't like the idea of anything hitting/obstructing the slideout rotating machinery, and would personally try to secure the tube/pipe out of the rotating machinery paths with cable ties, screw hose clamps, or the like.

danemayer

This is a typical installation. The fitting usually hugs the frame pretty closely and isn't very close to the crossover bar for slide. If your fitting sticks out further, you might want to cut off any excess PEX and put in a new fitting.

DSC04570.JPG

NYSUPstater

Dan--mine is just like the pic you have. I have no idea how long it's been hitting things, but will take a gander before next trip to see if things can be changed.