Squeaky faucets

maldam

The plastic faucets on the kitchen sink on our 2010 North Country 30FKS squeak when being opened or closed. I've squirted WD40 at them to no effect. They are all enclosed, so I don't know what to do next ! Any suggestions ?

jpajax

Go to hardware store and get some grease that is made for faucets. Take it apart and grease it . Or you can pack Vaseline around the stem and turn it on and off to work it in.

Northern Virginia
Usually with a small flat screw driver you can pop the plastic cap on the top of the faucet handle (knob). Like Jim said, then lubricate the base of the stem with white lithium plumbers grease. That should do the trick.

John

maldam

The faucets are lever type, i.e. NO "plastic cap on the top of the faucet handle (knob)". I guess I should have explained that ! Purely by poking around, I found the small right-angled handles screw off in anti-clocwise direction. Once done, the "dome" part can be lifted off, revealing parts that I can grease.

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
I just went to Lowes and got some real faucets for the bathroom and kitchen, replaced the cheap ones and threw them away.

traveler44

After you explained so well how to take the faucet apart it still took me awhile to understand that all you have to do is unscrew the handle itself and that allows access to the rest of it. THANK YOU!!! Now I can grease my squeeky faucet too. Maybe I can find out why the shower drips now that I can take them apart. Such minor things can be such a problem until you see how they work. Tom M.