Stabilization with six point level up.

dennych1

I have my new big horn 3160el for 3 months. I have the 6 point level up. I told my wife you will love this option we will not get any shaking in camper anymore like old unit. Well was I wrong wife is upset because it shakes. My friend has a 2010 landmark with 4point level up and electric rear jacks and he gets no shaking. Has anyone else experienced this with the 6point level up..? I think this is a problem. Maybe rear pistons should be further back. Looking forward to some possible answers. Thanks Dennis

Greengas

I'm with you. I thought with the automatic system the rig would be rock solid, but the shakes continue. I even added wood blocks so the legs don't have to travel as far but no change. Can't wait for the forum knowledge pour forth on this issue.

jnbhobe

I would level it manually, then recalibrate the system putting more pressure on the jacks. There is a LPI sheet for recalibration.

happykraut

I think there is a misconception about the 6 pt level up. It is a leveling system and not a stabilizing system. Rear jacks would certainly help out the situation.

dbbls59

Mine shakes a little but nothing like before. I do not use my rear stabilizers and never felt the need. My system does put pressure down because it raises the entire trailer up slightly, even the low side.

olcoon

Seems to me I've read on here where someone had the rear jacks & strong-arm jacks, then had 6 pt leveling installed. They say that with the rear jack & strong-arms, plus the 6pt it's rock solid.

dennych1

I thought with 6 point I wouldn't need stabilizers. Does anyone else feel like me and think 6 point should give you a stable camper. I think the rear jack that is right behind rear axle should be back another 3 feet. That would solve problem.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
We have a 2013 Key Largo and 6 point leveling system and still have a small amount of shaking at times but so much better than our 4 point system we had on the big horn. We have to remember these are trailers not permanent strutures.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Our BH also shakes when someone move in the rear. The more weight on the suspension the greater the movement. At some sites we don't notice it much at all and in others it's pretty bad. I guess you can add stabilizing jacks on the rear to see if that helps.

Ladiver

I have the 6pt on our Cyclone. With two 65 lb dogs in the garage, we knew when they were up and around. I installed JT Strong Arms. The shaking is reduced significantly. Now, when they decide to play back there, then there is NOTHING that will prevent the trailer from shakin'. If the trailer's a rockin'...then the dogs are playing. :)

donr827

Not an expert but would think that the placement of the jacks has to do with the weight of the tires and axels so they need to place the jacks on either side of the tires-axels. My 3055RL is shorter and has no movement.......Don

porthole

Retired
I have the 6 point level up. I told my wife you will love this option we will not get any shaking in camper anymore like old unit.

If someone told you there would be a rock solid platform, you were misinformed.
Think of standing on a pair of stilts - wobble around a bit?

I think there is a misconception about the 6 pt level up. It is a leveling system and not a stabilizing system. Rear jacks would certainly help out the situation.

Bernie is right on here.
The rear electric jacks, with or without LevelUp add the "triangle" to the equation, which should really increase the stability.
JT and similar gear work on the triangle principal to help stabilize the coach.

Our trailer wobbled a little bit now and then, especially with use of the washer dryer or two Golden Retrievers having playtime.
I added JT's to both the front and rear LevelUp jacks. It helps but still not as solid as the house I am sitting in right now..

If I didn't bend one of the electric jack legs I would put that assembly back on the trailer. The way the arms work on the electrics really help to minimize side to side movement.

Not an expert but would think that the placement of the jacks has to do with the weight of the tires and axels so they need to place the jacks on either side of the tires-axels. My 3055RL is shorter and has no movement.......Don

Bingo.

The jack placement for "lifting" the trailer are positioned relative to where the trailers suspension is holding everything up.

There are some exceptions, on our Cyclone, the fuel cell dictates somewhat where the jacks are placed.

ChangingPlaces

We fitted Steadyfast stabilizing bars when the 6 point level kit was fitted to our rig. They work well. The rig still moves around a bit, but they make a big difference.
We would not do without any of what we fitted, just great.

SeattleLion

I thought with 6 point I wouldn't need stabilizers. Does anyone else feel like me and think 6 point should give you a stable camper. I think the rear jack that is right behind rear axle should be back another 3 feet. That would solve problem.

We have a 3160 and while there is a very small amount of shake, we find the LevelUp system does a good job.

Dutch & Di

I agree that any leveling system is just that. It will offer a bit of stability but that is not it's main intent. When we had the Big Foot Leveling System put on, it did offer a bit of stability over nothing but we still needed our stabilizers. Hugs, Di