stabilizer jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the stabilizing jacks was bent backwards while I parked my 21 FBS, don't ask, lol. Anyway, I discovered it was attached to the frame by only 3 bolts, as posed to the other 3 jacks were attached by 6 bolts. Was this a factory defect covered by warrant?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Ugottalovevet and welcome to this great forum.
Since a demon mysteriously jumped out and bent your stabilizer maybe he also sheared off three bolts. Could be.
As far as the defect of maybe not having six bolts my guess is that the warranty would be for three missing bolts. Not the damage caused by the demon.
Don't know, but that is my thought.
And those stabs are not real expensive so it could serve as a cheap lesson learned. Watch for hidden demons.

Peace
Dave

jimtoo

Hi ugottalovett,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Did the missing bolts cause the jack to get bent? Is there holes for the other three bolts in the mounting area on the frame? Take some pictures and after another post you can then post the pictures.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and let us know what is happening.

Jim M

'Lil Guy'

One of the stabilizing jacks was bent backwards while I parked my 21 FBS, don't ask, lol. Anyway, I discovered it was attached to the frame by only 3 bolts, as posed to the other 3 jacks were attached by 6 bolts. Was this a factory defect covered by warrant?
Looks like another Heartland quality control issue. Now they're installing bent stabilizers with 3 bolts. Bwahahahaha
That's the cheapest mistake you'll ever make in with our TT. You're out about $45.00 tops. I'm assuming you don't have the electric jacks in rear. Three bolts would be sufficient to hold the jack in place since it didn't fall off when you bent it.
Warranty issue? Surely you jest.

jimtoo

Original poster responded to PM that no holes were here, so no bolts missing. The factory does not install bent jacks. Evidently wanting to stir up problems.

This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.