Stabilizing and bouncing. Your opinion.

silvasp

The rocking and bouncing we have in our North Trail doesn't bother me much, but the wife is quite vocal about it, since I stay up later than she does, and my movement seems to wake her at times.
What are the best products that help alleviate or stop the trailer movement?

jnv

We had the same problem with our NT 22FBS. We added scissors jacks in the middle of the trailer on both sides and BAL Lock Arm stabilizing bars on the front and rear power jacks. It has really helped the stability of the trailer.

silvasp

These?
Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 2.46.24 PM.jpg

We had the same problem with our NT 22FBS. We added scissors jacks in the middle of the trailer on both sides and BAL Lock Arm stabilizing bars on the front and rear power jacks. It has really helped the stability of the trailer.

jnv

Yes, those look similar to what we used. We only put them on the front and back power jacks not on the scissor jacks in the middle.

Domi

We had the same problem with out NT. The electric stabliazers did okay but I hate to run them down to far. We bought a set of Ultra-Fab Super grip Chocks (#21-001095) off amazon. They have really stablized the unit a lot. A battery drill makes them pretty easy to install also. We have found that after sitting for a couple of hours it is good to go tighten them up again after the tires cool. It makes for a stable nights sleep.

Good Luck,

John and Domi

Stan1020

Did you buy one or two sets?

We had the same problem with out NT. The electric stabliazers did okay but I hate to run them down to far. We bought a set of Ultra-Fab Super grip Chocks (#21-001095) off amazon. They have really stablized the unit a lot. A battery drill makes them pretty easy to install also. We have found that after sitting for a couple of hours it is good to go tighten them up again after the tires cool. It makes for a stable nights sleep.

Good Luck,

John and Domi

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The scissor chocks between the wheels are the answer.

Plus, when we still had our bumper pull trailer, I also used my old screw-up jacks and had a set of slide-out jacks that really sturdied up the whole trailer.

ProwlerXChocks-P4130636.jpg CheyenneMtnCO2014-IMG_2096.jpg

CheyenneMtnCO2014-IMG_2108.jpg TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095153310.jpg