stackable washer/dryer - undecided

Nancy_S

My husband and I have been RVing for 7 years now and are planning to purchase our first Heartland RV (Landmark Grand Canyon). We will use this full time during the Fall thru Spring months once we retire (a few years down the road). I am interested in a washer and dryer or a combo unit, but I'm not sure which is the best way to go. I'm also concerned about how the dryer would vent since we will be purchasing a unit with full body paint. Also, is it best to go with the factory installed option?

Thanks

danemayer

We have the stackable w/d and the full body paint on our Rushmore. It vents high on the doorside, close to the front of the rig. On the Rushmore, that's also where the w/d is located. I assume on a Grand Canyon, the vent would be near wherever the W/D is located.

We ordered the unit with the W/D and full body paint as factory options. After the factory finished building, they spent an extra week painting, in a different building I think. So the vent was put in before the paint was put on.

I don't see a vent in the website photos, so I think if you don't order the W/D from the factory, you won't get a painted vent when you do get one. If you want to make sure, call Heartland directly to ask.

We have the combo unit......I prefer it over the stackable because I have room for a clothes rod above the unit and more storage It does take longer to do laundry but we just start a load when we go to bed at night and it's done by morning.

Nancy_S

To Danemayer

Thanks for the response. How do you like your 2011 Landmark Rushmore? We actually prefer the full body paint scheme that you have on yours. Heartland has changed this somewhat so it doesn't have as much grey.

Thanks,
Nancy

Last edited:

jimtoo

Hi Nancy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and soon to the Family I hope. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Enjoy the forum and I'm sure you will get some answers here.

Jim M

danemayer

We're really enjoying our Rushmore. We just got back from 5 weeks of skiing in Colorado. It's like taking a condo with you. DSC00785emai l rv in snow.jpg

Nancy_S

Dan & Ruth Ann,

Thanks for the hitch info. Can I ask what the price on these runs?

I was just reading about your ski trip in CO. I grew up skiing at Sugarloaf, just 30 min from my childhood home. I don't ski these days due to knee problems. I've lived in Maine all my life except when I was in the Marines. As I've gotten older I find I like the snow and cold less and less. My husband and I are Cowboy Action Shooters and we travel around the east to different ranges for events. We really love it and have made friends from all over the country. We plan to spend our winters out west once we retire. Can't wait!

Nancy

Scott_smj

Does anyone see anything wrong with what I have done. I've purchased a ge washer and a 220 dryer running 10 aug wire and stacking the units. I will be pushing the limits with the dryer when there is only a 30 amp 220 service. But most all rv parks I've been to all have 50 amp. I'm just trying to get away from the slow drying of 110 units.

caissiel

The RV units specially the Spendid are realy well suited unit for 110 Volts. They rotate at 1200 RPM and they hardly need any power to dry the cloths properly compared to house dryers. We have been using one for 6 years with no issues