State Route 98-Monument Valley to Zion

Redrider007

Hello all,

I am traveling from So Cal to Monument Valley then to Zion National park in March-Does anyone know how the grades are on the 98? I have a book that covers grades but doesn't show anything on 98 which I hope is a good thing. I deal with my truck getting pretty hot on grades so I like to know before I go.

Thanks in advance!!

Ducky

I personally have not traveled this route, but there is a slight decrease in elevation of approximately 1100 feet between Kayenta and Page AZ. You may have a few hills to climb, but should not be significant. Hopefully you will not be approaching Zion from the east via UT 9 as there is a 13' tunnel greeting you

Gary521

I do not now about the grades but if you enter Zion from the east, there is a length restriction thru a tunnel entering the park. I can't remember the length but you should check.

EDIT: The length is 50' - that is the total length - truck plus trailer. The height is 13' 1".

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
98 between Kayenta and Page is very flat. The surface itself is a little rough and bumpy as it goes through the res . It's about a level 1 difficulty drive with your rig . I have driven that route many times with no problems whatsoever. Trace