Stay safe and warm friends in the blizzard.

BruteForce

Good point Jim, glad I don't live or stay on the river.

I don't live near a river, but about 20 years ago, the snow melt-off was so severe that downtown Salt Lake City turned into a raging river. We have quite the snow pack up in the mountains this year, so spring should be interesting. I thought I read that we have +200% of regular snow fall in the mountains.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I was staying in an RV park in Connecticut in early April several years ago. The snow melt had the river in downtown Hartford out of its bank and the tiny brook that ran through the RV park was almost out of its banks. The water on the ground would not go into the ground because the ground under the top was still frozen (permafrost layer). It was a muddy mess and I couldn't wait to get out of there. Good luck "yous guys'.:)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Snow, ice and cold in Michigan means the lake levels will be up a bit. That's a good thing because they've been down for a few years. The two inland lakes we sit between during the summer will be nice and fresh. Actually, a good snow cover up there is a boon to the local economy. Snowmobilers and skiers give them a second season.

bacaye

I am sure we will have flooding in Illinois. We have the Illinois River on one side and the Mississippi River on the other.....We are located in West Central Illinois and no stranger to floods. Everything up north has to come down ....melting snow and spring rains. Those camping along the river will probably be out of luck this year. They made it into their camp sites late summer/fall. This has been the pattern for the last few years. I can only imagine what it is going to be like with all this snow..Our area has had 20 plus inches with a lot of drifting still. No school again tomorrow..They did mention early spring...geese have been flying north, we have started seeing robins, etc. I think someone forgot to tell them Mother Nature is having emotional problems right now...I hope some of you are having fun with warmer temps and no snow....

MC9

Hi John, checked the web cam on Mac Isle, they haven't had all that much snow. The ice bridge to the island is open and smooth.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Hi John, checked the web cam on Mac Isle, they haven't had all that much snow. The ice bridge to the island is open and smooth.

I was looking at some of the snowmobile reports for the area and it sure looked like they had snow. I didn't look at anything for the island, though. Are you in Cheboygan now, or did you head south?