Steady Fast stability system...

badog62

I've got a 2016 Oakmont 390 MBL that has the Level Up auto level hydraulic stability legs.
Does anyone have the Steady Fast stability system? And does it really work?
Right now, all I've got is the level up, the mechanical wheel chocks and I'm thinking of getting a King Pin Tripod for the front. My wife doesn't like the movement, I don't thinks it's that bad, only when it's gusty. Any ideas?
thanks in advance.

jnbhobe

Don't use a tripod, they are worthless. I have JT Strong Arms and use them if it gets wobbly.

danemayer

If you have side to side movement up front, try putting blocks under the front jacks to shorten the extension. The shorter the extension, the less movement you'll experience.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Even though we considered the model you purchased I do not remember where the rear jacks are positioned. If they are right behind the rear axle that may be some of the issue. There is a lot of overhang from where they are positioned on ours to the bumper. For our longer stays we use the BAL x chocks and they take quite a bit of movement out of the RV. And as someone else has already mentioned, shortening the distance the jacks have to travel helps as well. The only rv we have ever owned that we could set up to have zero movement was our Lance slide in.

Congratulations on your new toy!

jnbhobe

Jon, Do you have any pics of how you have the JT's working with the Level-up?
I don't have any pictures but all I did was weld 2 inch square tube from a set of electric Jacks. You need about 3 inches of tubing. Works great I got the idea from porthole.

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
I don't have any pictures but all I did was weld 2 inch square tube from a set of electric Jacks. You need about 3 inches of tubing. Works great I got the idea from porthole.
Thanks I will have to look into that

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Lynn1130

I have the Steady Fast system and have been pretty happy with it. It did remove the annoying movement when someone is walking around the trailer. About the only movement that I get now is if someone decides to run up or down the entry stairs.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I copied Jon who copied Porthole.
Here are a couple of pics.

Peace
Daveuploadfromtaptalk1452012719084.jpguploadfromtaptalk1452012888994.jpguploadfromtaptalk1452013210874.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bones

Cant you just make a new u bracket and bolt it directly to the bolt holding the foot pad on?

olcoon

In 2011 at our first Heartland Rally, I took advantage of one of the rally specials, and had the JT Strong-arm jacks installed. They helped with the bounce quite a bit. This last summer at the rally, I had the Electric Ground Control 3.0 installed. It's basically like the hydraulic Ground Control. With the JT's and the Electric Ground Control (it's 4 point leveling) deployed, the rig is really solid with very little bounce. I'm thinking that what we do have is due to the tires & springs.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have had the Steadyfast system, for about 5 years. It helps a lot! Over time though, we still notice some movement. We've gotten used to it. The product itself has held up very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Cant you just make a new u bracket and bolt it directly to the bolt holding the foot pad on?
Yeah, I guess a person could fab anything that works.
I had a landing gear leg up in the shed so all I had to do was cut two pieces and weld them on.

Peace
Dave

happykraut

I have used the tripod and have used the Steadyfast system. No comparison, the tripod is much less effective. To me the Steadyfast looks much better built than the JT's.

wehavefun

My vote is for steady fast, I had them on my previous Bighorn for 5 years, never a problem, very easy installation.
Now that this is posted I will most likely add a set to my level up system.

'Lil Guy'

I had the SF on our Elkridge and it made a huge difference on side to side movement. The fact that the stabilize bar runs side to side made me opt for this system.