Steadyfast Stabilizers

teasac69

I noticed that this stabilizing device was bantered about on the forum but it was a few years ago now. So I would like to ask the question again, do you have the Steadyfast system on your coach? how is it performing? does it make a noticeable difference in the rocking/shaking of your parked trailer?

In that former thread, Jim Beleti mentioned that he "lowered" his level up gear before leveling doing auto level and it seemed to help the rocking? I've tried that but the ground has to be fairly level or the jacks will bottom out and then fault out.

I've never heard anyone say anything bad about the Steadyfast so I'd like to revisit this topic and get your thoughts????

The purpose is my BH doesn't move a lot but it is not exactly surefooted either, once parked and level. I don't hear many favorable comments about the tri-pods but the few that I have visited with using the Steadyfast love it. Just need to hear from my resident experts either way.

thanks as always. You guys are the very best if nobody has mentioned that lately.

jnbhobe

I have 6 point level-up and JT Strongarms I usually only use the level-up but when wobbly I tighten up the strongarms and that makes one h*ll of a difference. And I have them front and rear.

ndmac

I agree with jnbhobe....6 point is good by it's self but Strong arms make huge difference.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had Steadyfast on our previous ElkRidge. Loved it. We did not have Level-Up. They worked well, but over the years (5) they didn't seem to work as well as they did early on. We didn't investigate why, I guess just got used to the wiggle.

Pirana

I did installed the Steadyfast bars on my 5th and makes a big difference. The problem is when you have to extend the LEvelup system beyond its prime spot you will get a lot of rocking and the bars help out a lot.

20160416_115005_zpsurw0jmob.jpg

gasman

Camp Socializer
I installed the Steadyfast system last week. Last year I installed a pair of scissor jacks on the rear corners to help with the wiggle. This week I have not used the scissors and we are more stable than ever. The movement is so insignificant that we rarely even notice it.

Lynn1130

Actually there were several very recent threads about taking the rock out of your RV. I have Steadyfast and love it. It does what it says it will do. I do not have levelup. Along with Steadyfast I use XChocks. I have found that on pavement in an RV park everything is pretty steady. If I am boondocking I need to make sure that I have good support under the landing gear because the soft ground will cause a little rocking to creep in especially after a couple of days of camping. In that case I reset the XChocks and Steadyfast.