Step light

marvmarcy

Since Landmark and Big Horn are very imilar, I suspect the light switch is just off the floor on the face of the first step to the bath/bedroom.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
If you have a remote for slides then the remote has an option on it to shut off "Light"

Garypowell

I know it is a little off subject but just before we left on this last trip I installed my own LED Light in the stair well. I had previously installed inside step lights on the stairs for night use. So I wired this outside light to the same switch. Now it is on during the night....but when we turn off the inside stair lights it goes out too.

I like this approach since when we go out the door at night it usually takes a few seconds for the "auto" door light to turn on and with this solution the outside stairs are always lite.

I thought about using the existing light but all the lights I have added are closed loop 12 Volt....i.e. I don't use the frame grounding system as the original stair light does. And I thought I would leave it as is for the next owners.

priorguy

North Trails are also on the remote, if I ever get the change I want to hard wire it to a switch.

GlenStMary

I think the factory engineers probably thought people would be carrying their remotes around with them when they left their coaches and this would allow them to light their stairs when they returned in the dark. I would think this just another example of an engineering thought process done by someone who does not use the product they are designing. This just an opinion from someone who has a lot of design background

danemayer

I think the factory engineers probably thought people would be carrying their remotes around with them when they left their coaches and this would allow them to light their stairs when they returned in the dark. I would think this just another example of an engineering thought process done by someone who does not use the product they are designing. This just an opinion from someone who has a lot of design background
I don't have the remote, so I have to turn on the light using the floor switch, before leaving the trailer. Seems like the remote is also intended to be used before leaving the trailer.

kowAlski631

We put ours in the truck when we know we'll be coming back after dark or at least suspect that might happen. That makes it handy. But do agree it's a pain if we leave it there & need that light on.

JanAndBill

Well said!!!!!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I don't have the remote, so I have to turn on the light using the floor switch, before leaving the trailer. Seems like the remote is also intended to be used before leaving the trailer.

Something to be said for "old school" technology, like actually having to (ugh!) operate a manual switch. I replaced the porch light with a motion sensor and it lights up just fine. We also hang some battery powered, timed lanterns on the awning rail, so we don't have a problem finding the rig or the door.

As for the key fob (our vehicles use them), you could clip it onto one of those cheap caribiners and clip it to a belt loop. That's where my keys are if they're not in the ignition or door lock.