Steps

Ok I may not be the brightest bulb on the tree but I will be darned if I can get either set of steps to pull down. The owners manual is all but worthless on all topics but even lesa so on this.
Is there a release catch? I sprayed ever pivot point with wd40 yet they will not unfold.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If they’re the standard OEM steps, there should be a bar across the folded steps. Grasp it and lift up as you pull out. It acts to prevent the steps from dropping out on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pulled that bar every which way they don't budge. I bought the unit a 2012 park model used to put on property I own in the mountains. I have a set at the bedroom door and another at a 5' sliding main entrance door. Neither budge an neither is rusted, etc. Guess I will just build a small deck with steps If they won't pull down.

No camper is 250 miles away but they do have a bar across them and a bracket that says not a srep .look like OEM to me.

LBR

Just a guess...the prior owner forgot to close them, travelled, and whacked something solid....tweaked them so bad and had to use a crowbar to close them up for the future owner?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
And even though the sheet metal looks OK, the joints may have seized from exposure and non-use. In essence, those are bare metal rubbing on bare metal. Try some oil and sound taps with a hammer to see if they will loosen. Normally, there is still a little play in a folded set of stairs without them opening by themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk