Storage Unit Insurance


Well-known member
So we just sold the house and it closed today. We will be full timing for the next couple of years while we explore this great land we live in.

So when the house sold, naturally we canceled the home insurance which also covered or storage unit.

So now I need to find insurance for the storage unit without having a Stick & Brick.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Well-known member
When we sold our house in 2014, we changed the RV insurance to "full timer" or something like that to get personal property coverage regardless of location. I checked the policy language which said:

[FONT=&quot]Your personal effects[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]must be:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](a) Located inside[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]your covered auto;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](b)[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]At the[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]insured location;[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]or[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](c)[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]In a[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]secured storage location[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]which is owned by[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]you[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]or reserved for[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]your[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]exclusive use;[/FONT]

The policy cost went up by $73 year.
I think they covered up to $5,000 loss.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
When we were fulltiming we bought renter's insurance to cover the contents in storage.


Well-known member
How did you get around then wanting a physical address?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You will need a physical address. Driver license, bankers, investments, voting, probably more; all require a physical address. Also, Homeland Security rules require a home address. We used FL address. Their website lists a lot of information to answer other questions. PS, no personal income tax in FL.