Storing Sewer Hoses

Theresau

We're new to 5th wheels - had a travel trailer. We stored the sewer hose in the bumper on the travel trailer - also added a carrier beneath for the spare.

Where do you store the sewer hoses on a 5th wheel - is it specific to the 5th wheel?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
You will hear a lot of different ideas. We store ours in a large plastic bin (with frequent cleanings!).

dieselengineer

Charter Member
There was a small door on the side of the coach that would house a short hose with couplings. I moved this OEM door to the rear of the coach for the pullup dump station. Then in place of the original door, I added a new door with a long flex tube. Now I can store a complete 20 foot hose with fittings and couplings all attached.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Like Gus,
We carry the sewer hose and all its peices in a large tupperware along with a spray bottle of clorax. It all gets sprayed before the lid goes on. Our spares are carried in the rear bumper.

cgunn

Sewer Hose Storage...

Ya know,this subject has came up several times before on this forum..
I will say again "What's all the fuss about?"
I put two 10' sections of flex hose with fittings attached
into the small storage compartment....
With "Flex" being the key word...
They will fit in mine,and it's only about 30" long...

cjhicks

We store our 5 foot sec. of hose and all of our fittings in the small storage comp on the side . We also carry a 10 ft. hose in a tube from Camper's World that is mounted under the front storage bay and another 10 ft. hose in a plastic tub. Hope that you will enjoy your 3410 as much as we have enjoyed ours!!!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I store two 10' sections of hose, connected with a double male connector, the sewer fitting and the bayonet end for the drain in the small compartment on the side. I have an extra 10' section of hose still in the box, but I think I could probably get it in there, too, if I wanted to. My extra fittings, spare valve, etc., are in a small, clear tote.

azbound

A friend of mine has a BH 3055, I have a BH 3400RL we both have a small storage area between the basement door and the wheels. His will accommodate the fittings and a 10' section of house. Mine is larger and I store two 10 ' sections and all the connectors for both ends and the junction in mine.

Theresau

Thanks for the replies - we weren't aware of the small compartment on the side.

We did buy new hoses - rhinoflex - sounds like they would fit there based on the replies.

Happy Campers

I have three 8' pvc pipes attached to the frame just below the storage compartment. I store sewer hoses in one,sometimes two of them.When we get setup i use the pvc to run the hoses thru to keep the hoses from getting stepped on and it is free from weedeaters and such.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
i vote for a large plastic bin that gets washed out frequently and thrown out at the end of every season. Give it to your worst enemy.
All that other stuff is overkill by me. I just want everything to work and survive another day. Day 23 on 60 days and DW hasnt cut out my tongue yet but the trip isnt over yet. LOL