Storing with auto level system

Jwill18

Just curious if folks store their camper for extended periods with 6 point leveling kit up or down? Never had this feature before...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

SNOKING

Just curious if folks store their camper for extended periods with 6 point leveling kit up or down? Never had this feature before...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Our trailer sat for almost 6 months this winter in Arizona. A strayed the rams with silicone stray several times and wiped them down. I re-leveled once in the period. I try to remember to stray and clean before retracting.

Chris

porthole

Retired
The person who invented - designed - built the system has told the Heartland group at rallies on more then one occasion it is perfectly alright to store the RV using the all the LevelUp jacks.

Just wipe down and silicone spray the exposed rams occasionally.

Whenever the Cyclone is parked in the driveway, the trailer is leveled, been that way since August 2010

davebennington

I used to store our unit for the winter with all four wheels off the ground, did not have any problems it also gave the suspension system and tires some relief from supporting the trailer.

dave

SNOKING

I used to store our unit for the winter with all four wheels off the ground, did not have any problems it also gave the suspension system and tires some relief from supporting the trailer.

dave

Sounds good be me. Mine sat all winter with drivers side tires slightly above the ground.

Chris

pjones1969

When I pull into storage, I unhook, activate auto level and leave it that way until I return.

This also keeps someone from taking my SnapPads, I doubt that would happen but it sounded good.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
The person who invented - designed - built the system has told the Heartland group at rallies on more then one occasion it is perfectly alright to store the RV using the all the LevelUp jacks.

Just wipe down and silicone spray the exposed rams occasionally.

Whenever the Cyclone is parked in the driveway, the trailer is leveled, been that way since August 2010

X2! When the BH is unhitched, all the jacks be extended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dave10a

As a snow bird use the level up for months at a time and in semi-storage (not traveling) is use level up to unload the tire. I wipe the exposed part of the jacks with a thin film of auto-transmission fluid so when the jacks are retracted the jack seals will be lubed with clean rams. Silicon spray is ok but I prefer using a thin film of the same auto-trans fluid that is in the pump reservoir.