Stripped gear on rearmost end of shaft actuating the kitchen slide, 2105 heartland Cyclone 3800

BCB

Hi. I have stripped the gear on the rearmost end of the shaft that actuates the kitchen slide on my 2015 heartland cyclone 3800. Does anybody have a microfiche where I could look up this gear or has anyone got a part number where I can order it from heartland or anywhere else. I contacted heartland and they are contacting a supplier, I just want to be proactive and get things moving on my own in case there is an issue with sourcing.

best regards, and happy camping..

centerline

have you gotten down under there are really looked at it?.... I believe they have shear pins that can easily be replaced.

Dahillbilly

Hi. I have stripped the gear on the rearmost end of the shaft that actuates the kitchen slide on my 2015 heartland cyclone 3800. Does anybody have a microfiche where I could look up this gear or has anyone got a part number where I can order it from heartland or anywhere else. I contacted heartland and they are contacting a supplier, I just want to be proactive and get things moving on my own in case there is an issue with sourcing.

best regards, and happy camping..
Lippert Customer Service should be able to help you 432-547-7378 good luck

Reactions: BCB

LBR

Are you sure it is a visually stripped gear, or is the rear part of slide just out of timing with the front?

LBR

Also go to Amazon....type in "Lippert Gear".

Many different gear packs are available once you determine the correct one.

centerline

Yes, I have one of the teeth
so the teeth on the gear have sheared off?... that is very unusual.
when you put it back together, make sure the gear lash is proper, as the only reason that external teeth would fail is because it was either out of adjustment, or if the gear never got hardened after it was made.....

BCB

so the teeth on the gear have sheared off?... that is very unusual.
when you put it back together, make sure the gear lash is proper, as the only reason that external teeth would fail is because it was either out of adjustment, or if the gear never got hardened after it was made.....
Yes
Teeth sheared of
We pulled a dumbass move and didn’t see a cupboard door open behind the island in between the sink and the stove and she jammed up solid
Unfortunately it didn’t take out a shear pin, but wrecked the gear. Fortunately, it didn’t destroy the cupboard, the door, or the stove.

centerline

Yes
Teeth sheared of
We pulled a dumbass move and didn’t see a cupboard door open behind the island in between the sink and the stove and she jammed up solid
Unfortunately it didn’t take out a shear pin, but wrecked the gear. Fortunately, it didn’t destroy the cupboard, the door, or the stove.
OUCH!!! .....I would say there was a bit of an "acceptable" trade off as to where the damage was done.... ive seen cabinet doors and facia/seal trim torn off of slide units from something getting behind them and not being seen when extending the slide... it can be bad.