Structure

Been looking everywhere for an answer , I have 2022 Fuel F-287. My question; is the entire rv made out of aluminum walls and ceiling/roof .. I seen in my front storage there is aluminum framing under bed. Just curious .. thank you

scayne62

pull down a vent surround or the bathroom skylight inner cover and you should be able to see in the roof to see what the structure is, likely wood.

thewanderingeight

On our previous RV, I had to take a good portion of the ceiling down and got to see the joists. It was a combination of wood and aluminum. Where the roof met the front cap, there was wood, which probably gave better support for the screws on the roof holding the front cap down. The rest of the joists were aluminum. Thst was an ultralight travel trailer, so I'm sure the design varies between model types.

sengli

Heartland used to say that everything was laminated type construction. Foam block insulation, luan, fiberglass skin and aluminum for the actual structure of the pieces. Floors, walls, and roof assemblies. About 2018 they started using the wooden truss and bat insulation in the roof systems on the larger fivers, barrowed from their system division.... DRV that heartland owns.