Stubborn leak

nscaler2

We have an 06 BH 3055RL. There is a stubborn leak in the corner of the entertainment slide in the outside corner nearest the front of the trailer, on the floor. It is behind the little false wall that hides the subwoofer. I wouldn't have found it except for replacing the the woofer with a new one from a new multimedia amp and tuner. Anyway, I have used Eternabond tape on the roof of the slideout near the front edge where the Dicor material mates with the tape the factory installed. That area looked suspect. I have caulked every joint and crack on the outside near that area that I can find. It still leaks, making the inside corner of the cabinet in that area wet, every time it rains. It's a mystery to me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I would like to get this stopped before that area rots out. Again, thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Tom, I don't know exactly where your leak is, but one thing to check, is if you have a window in that area, check to be certain that the window frame has the drain holes on the bottom. I have heard of them being upside down causing leaks inside.

Peace
Dave

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I had a leak on a slide similar to you. The leak was as the water was coming down the side and hit the edge of the slide by the body of the trailer. It would go down the edge of the metal and into the channel then drain to the outside edge. The junction box and carpet would get wet until they put some calk on the side of the slide that was like a J... this stopped the water from coming inside the metal strip...

BC

nscaler2

Dave and BC. Thanks for the suggestions. I had a window leak near the rear of the trailer that was due to the gasket that fits between the frame and the outside wall, being interrupted. It caused a leak on the floor in the back. A small amount of caulk solved that problem. When it is light I will check the window in the slide that is leaking now. I think the drains are in the right place but the gasket may be messed up like the one in the back. I will also try a bead of caulk on the bottom of the slide, about an inch in from the edge to keep any moisture that wicks its' way in from continuing any further. Both of your ideas may prove to be the answer. Again, thanks for the ideas.

Bobby A

I have had two of those nagging leaks your refering to, we are in Elkhart now and had one of them fixed( we think) we still have one to go. The guys have been working very hard trying to fix the big leak, I kinda don't have the heart to tell them there is still another one to fix.

spinnix

I had problem with a leak on my slide were the entertainment center is. The problem was the radio antenna had no caulking around it. Took the antenna off and put caulking on back of mount and around mount.
S.Pinnix

imchud

Any ideas on my slide water problem?? Mine leak is on the main slide, it soaks the carpet that runs under the slide from the front corner by the Frig,back about 4 to 5 feet to the front of the table and chairs... But mine only happens when the slide is closed, and it can't be from the tires kicking up rain because it was parked... It's wierd because it didn't do it all summer and now the last few times it rained and we open the slides the carpet was wet??

We have a 09, BH 3600RE. Over this past weekend I detected "wetness" on the floor at my front pull-out, underneath the couch toward the rear of the camper. Not standing water, just damp carpet feeling. We are semi-full timers and leave the slides out. I inspected the roof and seals.
I traveled about 2 hours in the rain back on October 4th. Not a heavy rain. I will try to look for some of the leak sources mentioned here. Any additional help would be appreciated. Thanks,

imchud

We have a 09, BH 3600RE. Over this past weekend I detected "wetness" on the floor at my front pull-out, underneath the couch toward the rear of the camper. Not standing water, just damp carpet feeling. We are semi-full timers and leave the slides out. I inspected the roof and seals.
I traveled about 2 hours in the rain back on October 4th. Not a heavy rain. I will try to look for some of the leak sources mentioned here. Any additional help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Clay,
With the slide out, craw underneath the slide and look just past the sweep seal (just above the tires) where the slide meets the floor of the livingroom. You should see a bead of white caulking going the entire length of the slide, the caulk line prevents the splash of the tires from wicking into you living space. If its not caulked properly or if it's missing caulk just run a new bead and that will prevent future problems, if indeed you are missing caulking in that area...

Tommy

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I took some aluminum air conditioning duct tape and taped mine up. Worked great and not water problems. I periodically check it for sealing also.

imchud, Thanks for the advice. I will be checking that out. That two hours in the rain was the first time (that I know of) that the camper was pulled in the rain. I try to avoid that.:eek:

That tape ideal sounds interesting also.

I have been putting off going underneath for a look-around but I guess it's time.

imchud

I took some aluminum air conditioning duct tape and taped mine up. Worked great and not water problems. I periodically check it for sealing also.

Jmgratz,
did you have water problems before you put the tape in place? also, did you or do you have caulking in the seam and then tape over it. Thanks...

Tommy