Sun screen from Carefree

Rodbuster

I'm pretty sure that Byrd and Nathan (Nabo) have this or something very similar on their coach. When I was talking with Nathan, he seemed very pleased with it.

Dick

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We had the 6 foot one on our 3600 rl Bighorn...worked great! We just kept it pulled down and secured, only pulled it up to clean rear window.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Mobilecastle - the sunshade that you show mounts inside of the camper. We had our dealer get a sunshade that mounts on the outside of the back window. It's a pull down that has locking pins at the bottom for stabilization when down. When traveling, we have it rolled all the way up. It's a great sun block and privacy blocker during the daytime - you can see out but folks can't see in. Hope this helps.

kakampers

After reading the description, I'm sure it's the one that goes outside..just like what we had.

SilverRhino

I too would be interested in an outdoor type sun shade for the rear window.......My question is...What does it mount to? I would be concerned about mounting it to the fiberglass rear cap.

Nabo

Both the shade and the tie-down clips mount to the outside of the cap. We watched the dealer install the shade using the screws that came with the kit using a weather proof pad between the mounting block and cap to protect the cap from having an inside leak.

kakampers

We mounted it ourselves. There is sufficient wood structure surrounding the rear window to mount the screen and the securing clips to. As stated earlier...we found we could leave the screen down even during travel.

mobilcastle

Thanks for all the answers-I am rolloing out this week to go south. When I get back I am going to order one and install it. Those of you who have it-are the mounting brakets right at the top of the window across from the glass or above the window?

kakampers

Our screen was mount just above the window with the brackets just off to the sides of the window...the instructions were fairly simple....

Nabo

Ours is above and below the window frame to give the window full protection. The ladder brackets didn't come into play.