Sundance 2900MK - Kitchen Cabinet - Spice Rack Alteration

SugarBaby

:confused: We recently purchased a pre-owned 2011 Sundance 2900MK. Has anyone ever modified the "spice rack" that is located in the kitchen by the entry door? I would like to make it shallower from front to back to add a little more counter space. I see there is a few electrical wires and the sink breather pipe going up to the roof behind the "false" rear panel. Does this piece of cabinet support the overhead cabinet? Tips and suggestions are welcome =)

jimtoo

Hi SugarBaby,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other Sundance owners will jump in with some info for you soon.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new to you unit.

Jim M

SugarBaby

Post a pix if you can, It would help to see what you are proposing.

First time posting so hope this photo comes out okay. The square cabinet/spice rack by the grab handle on left side of photo is what I would like to modify so it doesn't extend as far out onto the counter top. We can't remove it completely due to a plumbing breather pipe inside of it against the wall going up to roof vent along with a couple of electrical wires. I don't know if is supports the overhead cabinet in any way or if cabinet is firmly attached to wall and ceiling. Just want to make a little more room on the counter for food prep.

Thanks,
Sue
BD029106-DDAF-4D9C-A0A3-12244A721F91.JPG