Sundance 3300CK Awning

Moose2013

Does anyone have any thoughts on tying down the electric awning in windy conditions. We have been on more camping trips where the winds kicked up and caused us to roll up the awning. We have seen the awning tie downs but wondering if anyone has used them or has other idea's on securing an electric awning in windy conditions.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There are many who do it. As for us, we prefer to just roll it up. It is so easy to do it with the power awning.

danemayer

When the wind kicks up, our electric awning forces the arms up and down pretty violently. On one trip, I put a screen on and tied the screen, which was essentially the same as tying the awning down. When the wind kicked up, it did the same thing. I'm concerned about damage so I pull the awning in, which with electric is pretty easy.

I have found that in breezy conditions I can extend the awning about 1/2 way and it doesn't get blown around nearly as much.

sjs731

I always roll ours up when we are away. If I am around and can keep an eye on it I use ratchet straps and the cork screw dog tie outs.

jayc

Legendary Member
i saw a lot of people that left their awnings out all the time. They were all anchored down but some used a post to attach to the barrel of the awning to further secure it. I still prefer to hit the button and roll it in.