Sundance - Add on A/C in bedroom

guitarpicr

Anyone have a second a/c added to bedroom ? My 2011 Sundance 2800RL is wired for 30 amp so I know additional wiring would have to be run externally but just curious if anyone else has done this to their rig. Thanks, Bill

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: ATF: Sundance - Add on A/C in bedroom

I know of one person that added a second AC in the bedroom of a sundance.
You can get some stick on wire raceway at a store like Home Depot.
Run your wires in the raceway across the ceiling and sown the wall.
Then you can add a reverse receptacle like the ones used on pop up campers using an AC.
Run a heavy gauge extension cord to the 20 amp receptacle on the park pedestal and you are good to go.

Peace
Dave

guitarpicr

I know of one person that added a second AC in the bedroom of a sundance.
You can get some stick on wire raceway at a store like Home Depot.
Run your wires in the raceway across the ceiling and sown the wall.
Then you can add a reverse receptacle like the ones used on pop up campers using an AC.
Run a heavy gauge extension cord to the 20 amp receptacle on the park pedestal and you are good to go.

Peace
Dave
Thanks Dave -Thats a great idea - I might even try to fish the wire down inside the ceiling & wall - I have one of those snake boro scopes I use at work, so when I pull the existing ceiling vent I'm hoping I can sneak the wire in thru the ceiling & down inside the bathroom wall.Hoping there are trusses up there & nothing solid. If not I will use the channel race like you said. Running the separate wire to the park outlet I could run both a/c's at the same time. Wife likes it cool, this should do the trick, LOL

ncc1701e

Anyone have a second a/c added to bedroom ? My 2011 Sundance 2800RL is wired for 30 amp so I know additional wiring would have to be run externally but just curious if anyone else has done this to their rig. Thanks, Bill

Don't have the second air, but if you get it worked out. Please do some good detail work and post it. Been a few times we'd like to have our bedroom with a second air also. Our 2800RL is also a 30amp model.

guitarpicr

Don't have the second air, but if you get it worked out. Please do some good detail work and post it. Been a few times we'd like to have our bedroom with a second air also. Our 2800RL is also a 30amp model.
Will do - Only problem right now is I cant find a unit with 5-6000 btu. 9k is the smallest ive been able to find & this will probably be too much. I'll post details when I get it figured out. I did close off the hall vent (above t-stat completely & also closed off bathroom vent about 80%. This helped quite a bit in making bedroom cooler, but still when its 95* out & in full sun bedroom is still warm

Eddhuy

Our Prowler 29PTi came wired 50 amp in case we decide to add the second AC. In case we do, I hope the wireing is already run, I would think it is. If we do, I would think a switch to be able to power off either AC would be a good idea for the 30 AMP parks.