Surge protecters

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Not sure what being under warranty has to do with it, I had mine wired into the unit before I picked it up. Out of sight out of mind but I would probably not lock the portable one just as I don't lock my compartment doors if someone really wants it they will get it and if it is locked they will do more damage getting it. On the other hand if someone goes into my compartments I will get a call on my cell phone in about 10 seconds and am most times fairly close so they may be surprised by me.

Don

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Surge Guard

This is the Surge Guard 34750 I bought through Tweetys.
http://www.tweetys.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=6758

I am certainly hoping there is a error on the Tweety's website pertaining to the description and the photo of this item. :confused: It appears to me that the photo AND description are showing and describing a surge guard for a 30A, not 50, although the title states 50A. The description lists "10/3 AWG cord" - not sufficient for 50A; the photo appears to have only a 3-prong receptacle on the female end - also insufficient for a 50A service. :eek:

To top it off, the portable model is over $60 bucks higher than the hard-wired model!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I am certainly hoping there is a error on the Tweety's website pertaining to the description and the photo of this item. :confused: It appears to me that the photo AND description are showing and describing a surge guard for a 30A, not 50, although the title states 50A. The description lists "10/3 AWG cord" - not sufficient for 50A; the photo appears to have only a 3-prong receptacle on the female end - also insufficient for a 50A service. :eek:

To top it off, the portable model is over $60 bucks higher than the hard-wired model!

HT.. Good Eye.. I did order the portable and it is the correct one. I went to the Mfgr's website and checked the specs and to the camping world website and checked the specs.

I sent Tweetys an email to tell them that they have an error on their website. The product number is correct. Someone just entered the wrong description.

I have ordered items from Tweetys and have always received good service.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We installed a 50 amp EMS (Electrical Management System) in the coach. It is hardwired into the system, and has saved our coach on at least two different occasions.

One thing we've learned, however, you cannot connect to a generator without using the remote model with a switchover, or installing a manual switch on the one without a remote. It will give you a ground fault and will shut the system down instantly.

We also have an Autoformer for increasing the voltage if it is too low...that's the only thing we have to worry about locking up when we use it.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Just got mined installed. I put in a 50Amp Surge Guard. Have some cosmetic things to fix up and the we are good to go.

Pics to follow

Attachments

• 100_0431-2.JPG
    100_0431-2.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 38
  • 100_0432.JPG
    100_0432.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 100_0433.JPG
    100_0433.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 100_0434.JPG