SUV towing 2015 28BRS, please help!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I still think you are looking at a trailer that is too big for your tow vehicle.

Especially since you said "fully loaded"!

billhu

Greetings to everyone.

I am back to report that we have purchased the 28brs, but instead of the Hensley Arrow, I have set it up with the Anderson hitch.

The trailer came at 6000lbs with all the options, batteries and propane, the tongue weight is 700lbs.

The CAT scale is showing everything with in specs.

I have since towed the trailer for 300km in winter highway conditions, driving along semis through snow storms.

I do feel the trucks pushing me if they pass me, but it's a lot better if I pass them.

All in all I am satisfied with the towing experience.

Thanks for all the great info posted here!

e26462eabb73a952febdc35e61b1b112.jpg

whp4262

Just one last question, what would be a fair price for a new fully loaded 2015 28brs caliber edition? I am heading to the dealership tomorrow to negotiate. Thanks a lot!

People seem to get pretty rapped around the axle when it comes to tow ratings. With a good equalizing hitch and your brake controller set correctly your vehicle should do fine pulling this trailer. Just don't get in a hurry and watch your trans and engine temps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats!
We have the 2014 28BRS, pulled with the 2014 JGC Diesel.
You will feel some pushing around for sure.
I've discovered the fresh tank was about 2/3 full, gauge said it was empty. Only have about 5 gallons in that tank now.
I posted pics of our WD system for another JGC member and just installed an aluminum tongue tool box to store the battery, WD & sway bars, tool bag, wheel chocks and wood blocks.