Switch - Interior Hydraulic Slide Switch

Westwind

Finally got a chance to take some pictures of my Hydraulic compartment and the 2nd switch that I have to open the opposing hydraulic slides on the rear of our Bighorn 3070RL. We don't have the remote control device to open the slides, our trailer was manufactured in April 2011 but of course it's designated a 2012?
Trouble loading pictures - bear with me! The white square to the left of the picture is the switch, I wrote on it with a magic marker in/out to assist with senior brain pauses. At the top of the picture in the center you can see the two hydraulic switches so that you can control which slides goes out and in.

Attachments

• IMG_2897.jpg
    IMG_2897.jpg
    775.2 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Westwind

DUH!!! all I had to do was to look at how the colored wires were attached to the hydraulic compartment switch and do the same on the interior. It's funny how all of a sudden the light bulb lights. I was checking the battery and looking at the switch and the bulb came on!!!

Jimmy

DUH!!! all I had to do was to look at how the colored wires were attached to the hydraulic compartment switch and do the same on the interior. It's funny how all of a sudden the light bulb lights. I was checking the battery and looking at the switch and the bulb came on!!!

Good Job!

timpas

All good information, thanks to everyone… I love to browse these forums to get great ideas. Back to the original post and a follow up about having extra switches for emergencies… in many RVs there is a manual option where you can use a cordless drill to attach to the slide motor and move the slide out. Sure enough, I checked the manual that JohnDar listed in his post and this option is shown in the manual. Nice to know if you are stuck out in a remote area with a failed switch or even battery problems… emergencies only!