Switching from Heat Pump to Furnace and back again.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
We have a Dometic Penguin heat pump on our unit that will automatic switch to the furnace. According to the Dometic manual this switch is made when the temp of the outside air hits 30 degrees. According to Dometic's website the change occurs at 40 degrees. Either way, ours switches to furnace at 33 degrees. It will return to the Heat Pump when the outside temperature is about 40 degrees.

The problem is below 40, the HP has a hard time keeping the temperature at 68 when it is in the 30's outside. Besides that, the floor begins to get cold in the 30's also. Not very comfortable for the piggies at that temp. :(

I would like to have the HP switch to furnace at 40 and then return to HP at 45. I called Dometic CS and they basically "It is what is and can't be changed" .
There has got to be a way to change this inside the thermostat all though I haven't found it yet.

This is the thermostat we have. It is a Comfort Control Center 2::
3312024.000CCCIIblack.jpg

Anyone tried doing this ??? and if you did and were successful, how did you do it?? I have been looking at the dip switches on the thermostat but there is not a whole information given about them or their settings/control in the Comfort Control Center manual.: http://dodgenmobiletech.com/sites/default/files/Dometic_Comfort_Control_Center_2_Roof Air.pdf

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Thanks Jim. I will call him tomorrow and circle back here.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Birchwood

Theoretically the senarios that you mentioned are possible but with the Dometic corporation I doubt you will reach satisfaction.
We are slowly relieving ourself of Dometic products as consumer satisfaction is not a company priority.