Tailgater 1 with 2 vip 211z receivers

danemayer

I think the Tailgater is designed to support 1 receiver. Maybe the question to ask is whether anyone has 2 receivers attached via a splitter. In any case, if you can use 2 receivers, I think richheck is correct that you can only watch programming from 1 satellite at a time.

pegmikef

I think the Tailgater is designed to support 1 receiver. Maybe the question to ask is whether anyone has 2 receivers attached via a splitter. In any case, if you can use 2 receivers, I think richheck is correct that you can only watch programming from 1 satellite at a time.

Actually one of the newer Dish Tailgaters does support two receivers, but same deal, both receivers need to be using the same satellite.

https://kingconnect.com/product/dish-tailgater-pro-premium-satellite-antenna-dtp4900/

esscobra

the portable units do have 2 connections and will run 2 receivers - but yes only channels on same sat- and the primary is the only one that by changing channel moves to other sat - one of many reasons I move to roof mounted travler - 3 tvs - 3 receivers - all three different sats/channels - better reception in all weather as well -