Tailgater Pro and 2 wally's

scubabri

Is there any trick to getting the 2nd wally to work properly? I've verified my cabling. The second wally doesn't recognize the "mobile" dish. In addition the channel lineup on the 2nd wally is different, meaning many of the HD channels only have SD equivalent on the second wally.

thanks

b

CoveredWagon

Is there any trick to getting the 2nd wally to work properly? I've verified my cabling. The second wally doesn't recognize the "mobile" dish. In addition the channel lineup on the 2nd wally is different, meaning many of the HD channels only have SD equivalent on the second wally.

thanks

b

Tell me about it. I've spent over y hours with customer service in the last 4 or 5days. Best they can do is give me phone numbers of RV dish outdoor dealers and hope one will come out. Yeah right call out is $95 service call, then time charged. Maiin tv is A OK. I yelled uncle. Bunch of junk.

Kwalt

I went through the exact same ordeal. Never could get all three satellites, many hours on the phone over three days. I told Dish Outdoors I wanted
to send it back, which wasn't a problem, and get a standard dish with a hopper set up like I have at home. They kept telling me that they wouldn't install one on a camper.
I called back and talked to a regular dish rep who told me it wasn't an issue. I sit here with the same setup I have at home and I can suspend the service if I need to.
If I move I'll just put the dish on a tripod.

Keith

scubabri

I went through the exact same ordeal. Never could get all three satellites, many hours on the phone over three days. I told Dish Outdoors I wanted
to send it back, which wasn't a problem, and get a standard dish with a hopper set up like I have at home. They kept telling me that they wouldn't install one on a camper.
I called back and talked to a regular dish rep who told me it wasn't an issue. I sit here with the same setup I have at home and I can suspend the service if I need to.
If I move I'll just put the dish on a tripod.

Keith

are you using the tailgater antenna still?

Kwalt

No I was able to return it for a refund but did have to pay to ship it back. Had them install a fixed HD dish with a DVR Hopper and a Joey on the
Bedroom TV. If I have to move I'll just take the dish and mount it on a tripod like I had my old DirectTV dish. The tailgaters and playmakers
might be okay if you have no trees, but even then both TVs have to watch channels that are on the same satellites. That can be a problem with
the wife.
Keith

Oldelevatorman

We have a Tailgater and a Pathway X2 that we travel with. We had 2 Wally’s but they never worked very good for us so we went back to our old 211’s! Being here in Tucson for the last 6 months we’d have to rescan every morning with the Pathway and it would never have an HD signal. The Tailgater in the bedroom was a little better. I found an old Dish Pro HD satellite out at the dumpster someone had thrown away and mounted it permanently. I bought a new set of LNB’s for $50 and had a satellite guy come out and line it up and it works like a champ. It’s set up here at our covered site, so we’ll use the two portables when we go back on the road. Don’t know how the Hoppers work on the road, with the Wally’s we could never get them to update!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orion7144

I fought with this many times. What I found in our new rig is that if I ran a cable directly from the dish to the receiver it would work fine but as soon as I hooked up the cables in the RV I could only get 1 sat. I replaced all cable ends and still the same. I did not want cables running out the windows so I installed a Winegard dish on my roof. I was afraid I would still have issues since it used the same cables but it works great. There must be something with the distance of the cables and the lower power of the portable dishes.

thanks

b