Television up high in the 3650bh.....

abc40kids

Ya'll with the 3650bh...... It just looks like the TV is way up there, is it awkward looking up that high to watch it. I like the angle it just looks awkward way up there. Also, is that smaller seat as you first walk in very usable / comfortable? I'm really looking hard at this one, Thanks

jimtoo

Hi abc40kids,

Yes,,, it looks like it is kinda high in the Gateway, but when you get used to it, it's not bad. I have a 3670rl Big Horn and mine is above the desk area and it is the same in a 3055RL.. almost all units the TV is a little high.

Kosanko

abc40kids,

We own a 2015 3650BH and even though the TV looks high it really is not bad viewing from the recliners or the seat right inside the door, but a little awkward from the dining area.

P.S. We absolutely LOVE our 3650BH!!

abc40kids

Thanks for the reply, I really like the 3650BH... My wife has her eye on the Keystone Mountaineer 356tbf but I think that one may jump out of my price range.

Medic403

I have had no complaints from my family about the tv. When you recline back in those comfy recliners you are looking up anyway so it is really kinda nice. I have actually laid on that little couch and went to sleep watching a movie and I am 6' 1" tall. We love our 3650bh. Hope this helped.

I was also looking at the Mountaineer 356tbf, but decided on the Gateway 3650BH. They are around the same price range, similar materials, similar insulation values, very similar layout…. but the tub in the 3650BH is what sold us. Also, I ordered mine from a wholesale dealer, added a washer/dryer, king bed, dinette with chairs, 6pt level system, dual pane windows, sofa in the back bunkhouse, residential fridge, and a 5 year extended warranty for less than the Mountaineer without those options. I am a little concerned on the TV placement, and would much rather if that second bench seat would be replaced with a fireplace and TV area instead. That would make more sense IMO, but that issue didn't outweigh the positives of this unit for us.

I just moved my television to directly above the front door. The television comes factory mounted to a panel with swivel mount. I just screwed the whole panel in place above the door. I would like to have mounted just the swivel above the door for cosmetic purposes, but was concerned about it ripping out of th wall. I ran power down from underneath the kitchen slide out and antenna down through the frame and over to the basement satellite splitter. Where the television used to sit I am mounting additional kitchen cabinets. The Kitchen Classics Cheyenne series cabinets from Lowes are a very close match to the factory cabinetry.