Temporary Winterizing AGAIN

I know this had been posted before but now it's personal.... my Cyclone has to visit Elkhart this March.

I'm going to go pick it up when it is ready and plan to camp immediately in it with the family, can't get from here to there in less than 2 days.

I've noted on the forum that some (in CANADA??!!) use air to winterize.

I'd like to avoid hours of de-winterizing - I don't want the little ones drinking antifreeze, so I'd go way overboard on the clean up side if I have to pink my lines.

Am I asking for trouble if I just drain the water lines and dump some RV antifreeze in the traps? I'm that it is safest to use the antifreeze, but does anyone have any experience with NOT using it??

TIA

caissiel

I have been using air for 17 years and never had any problem. I used antifreeze in the drains only and disconnected the water pump lines to prevent freeezing of the pump.

Its best done if the hot water tank is used as a pressure tank, that way the water can be pushed out much faster. I just use a small tool compressor and it waorks great and its done in 10 minutes. Never need any flushing after winter storage.

danemayer

I use compressed air to evacuate the lines and then add a bit of RV antifreeze to the drain traps. Doesn't take too long. I think there are posts on the forum that describe the procedure in detail.

porthole

Retired
I use an adepter (Camping World) that screws into the city water connection with an air hose connector hooked up to my compressor. 40 psi and start at the furthest faucet.

The key is to use an oil-less compressor

The lines from the tank could be difficult as you can't back feed through the water pump. I re-did my tank drains and now have a direct draining of the feed lines.

The RV/marine antifreeze is non toxic. But if you don't like - don't use. Just use the air. Don't forget the traps though.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Important thing to remember is to keep the air pressure down to 40 PSI as some of us have found out the hard way by blowing a seal in the toilet.

Rrloren

Same thing here, I did put together my own connector to the city water connection and use a quick disconnect.
Only thing you have to do however, is remember where you put the thing between seasons.