Terrible Service from Cyclone Dealer and Heartland RV.

Want to thank all yiu for your advice and comments. I can see that I was not as active as I should have been and defiantly to trusting as I thought the dealer would get things done. I have had trailers by Forest River, Winnabago Nash, and others and never experienced this kind of lack of service. I had forest river send me a toilet and had it within a couple of days when I needed the part. I called customer support at Heartland and just got a "not our problem attitude" rather than we will check into it and help get it resolved. I have defiantly learned who the good manufacturer s are and who isnt. I know where my next RV won't come from. And by the way, the dealer where I bought the Trailer was Ray Citte RV in Roy Utah and I would never purchase another RV there.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Don't let John's experiences scare ya, just do not go to that dealer. Ever. We warned him about how bad they are. My parents owned 2 different Airstreams and had Windish work on them. They received spectacular service from them as we are now as well. Before that we had purchased two rigs from RV America and had wonderful service from them too. RV America is a call you a couple times a week to give you updates on your rig kind of dealer. Windish is close to that as well. I would rather wait in line at RV America because I did not purchase my rig from them than ever go to Four Seasons.

Funny as our salesman knew of our bad experiences with Discount RV (15 miles south on I-25 from 4-Seasons) and he promised us that their service department was A+++!

The only reason that we bought our Prowler from them was due to the fact that they were the ONLY dealership in the western US of A that had any Prowlers in stock!

By the way . . . we purchased our previous 2013 Heartland Trail Runner from Discount RV, which is also an RV America company owned dealer . . . and they let us down BIG TIME with bad service!

Believe me . . . I WILL be talking to them (4-Seasons) on the phone as soon as I cool off . . . and will probably give them an E-minus on Yelp as well!

rjr6150

DM RV Repair in Loveland, Co. Heartland authorized. Been in and out asap twice while under warranty. These guys understand service. Talk with Don or his wife Mariann.

gasman

Camp Socializer
CrazyRooster, sorry to hear of your experience. Heartland really is a great company. I had already guessed that you went to Ray Citte. Their reputation for poor service is infamous. I see you are in South Jordan. State Trailer at 3600 S Redwood Road can do the warranty work for you. They frequently do warranty work for Heartland as well as many other manufacturers. Since they don't sell RVs, they rely on service for their livelihood. Hopefully all will work out for you and the bitter taste you are now experiencing will be sweetened by enjoyable memories.

Thank to all that replied to my thread. I have got a lot of good advice. I have accepted the fact that the dealer "Ray Citte RV" is to blame and partly me for not being more proactive in following g up. Heartland has to accept part of the blame for having such lousy dealers. I have already put the word out to our ATV club members that Ray Citte RV is a crappy dealer and it was echoed by others in the club. Again thanks to all who provided comments and information. CrazyRooster

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thank to all that replied to my thread. I have got a lot of good advice. I have accepted the fact that the dealer "Ray Citte RV" is to blame and partly me for not being more proactive in following g up. Heartland has to accept part of the blame for having such lousy dealers. I have already put the word out to our ATV club members that Ray Citte RV is a crappy dealer and it was echoed by others in the club. Again thanks to all who provided comments and information. CrazyRooster

Sadly, the dealers are the customer to RV manufacturers, not extensions of the corporate entity like auto dealers.

Manufacturers try to "sell" dealers into stocking their rigs on their lot. A dealer can choose, or not choose, any manufacturer they want. Heartland doesn't really have any control over how the dealers operate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kowAlski631

I agree with Erika. Look around the lots at the dealer. You'll see many different brands. RV dealers are resellers of multiple manufacturer products. They try to be everything to everyone - don't like one trailer, here's another.

brianlajoie

We bought our trailer in Indiana and have never been back to the dealer. That was the plan all along. I have use a certified RVIA/RVDA tech in Johnstown, Co and a very good repair shop in Castle Rock, Co. I do not see myself ever using a dealer for repairs unless I am on the road and have no other option. Both of the repair shops will work on my rig and show me what they are looking at. I find the experience enriching and the exchange of information invaluable. I believe if you get involved with the repairs on your trailer instead of leaving it to be taken care of, you will be better informed, increase your knowledge and be rest assured that the issue was taken care of.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Always double check behind a repair facility when they say they have ordered parts. They are notorious for lying about that. I have found them to not be truthful on more than one occasion.

JohnD

I will be going out tomorrow to check out all of the warranty repairs.

I checked all of the easy ones when I picked it up last Thursday (most were not done to satisfaction) . . . the rest I will go through to see if they actually fixed what was supposed to be fixed.

I'm wondering if we can get warranty repairs from another repair facility that Heartland paid the dealer for . . . but not really ever fixed by the dealer.

JohnD

Yes John you probably can. You need to contact HL and explain your issues.

I might just have to do that . . .

Our dealership, who knew of the issues we had with our previous Heartland dealership (bad) . . . promised us that in no way would they let us down like our previous dealership did.

Yet here we are . . . and they (our new dealership) let us down as bad, if not worse, than our previous dealership!

First . . . they told us that it would only take three weeks for all of the repairs . . . then when I picked it up 10 weeks later . . . ?????

And half of the stuff only halfway fixed . . . if at all!

I gave our dealership a chance, but apparently they are not up to the task.

What should a Heartland owner do to get their warranty issues fixed?????

danemayer

John,

It won't hurt to have a discussion with Heartland. But you should also discuss the situation with the dealer.

It shouldn't surprise anyone if Heartland doesn't want to pay a second repair shop for the same repair because the first one didn't get it right. The obvious 1st choice is to get the first shop to fix it right - on a priority basis - maybe even while you wait.

JohnD

John,

It won't hurt to have a discussion with Heartland. But you should also discuss the situation with the dealer.

It shouldn't surprise anyone if Heartland doesn't want to pay a second repair shop for the same repair because the first one didn't get it right. The obvious 1st choice is to get the first shop to fix it right - on a priority basis - maybe even while you wait.

I'm very frustrated with our new dealership right now as I expressed our issues about our previous Heartland dealership with our new one . . . and they promised to NOT be the same way . . . yet here we are with the same issues with our new dealership!

After I picked up our Prowler last Thursday from warranty repairs that were only supposed to take three weeks . . . but it took them 10 weeks . . . we had more problems than when I dropped it off!

Many of which were not even a problem until AFTER they did some work in the general vacinity of the repair!

And over half of the repairs were not even fixes . . . but bandaid repairs!

Just like our previous dealership (Discount RV in Longmont, CO) . . . they just kept bandaiding repairs until the Heartland warranty was up . . . then they had no problem telling me our warranty was expired!

brianlajoie

I'm very frustrated with our new dealership right now as I expressed our issues about our previous Heartland dealership with our new one . . . and they promised to NOT be the same way . . . yet here we are with the same issues with our new dealership!

After I picked up our Prowler last Thursday from warranty repairs that were only supposed to take three weeks . . . but it took them 10 weeks . . . we had more problems than when I dropped it off!

Many of which were not even a problem until AFTER they did some work in the general vacinity of the repair!

And over half of the repairs were not even fixes . . . but bandaid repairs!

Just like our previous dealership (Discount RV in Longmont, CO) . . . they just kept bandaiding repairs until the Heartland warranty was up . . . then they had no problem telling me our warranty was expired!

John, If you keep trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result... Time to change your approach.

John, believe me I feel your pain as I'm trying to work through some very crappy service issues my self. Some offering comments here I believe are not living in the real world. I am a trusting person and when a dealer or manufacturer tells you they will call you back or your parts will be there a certain day or time and they don't bother to call you back or the parts don't show up or your unit don't get fixed correctly you can't help but think you should have went elsewhere. Customer Service and Quality in America just sucks. I bought a new 2013 ram 3500 dually longhorn top of line pickup truck. I have had 5 recalls on it already. I now send the dealer that I'm dealing with a email every week and follow up with a phone call every week and I'm still waiting g for that excellent heartland customer service to get back with me that they promised. I have had to go as far file a negative report with the Better business Bureau. John, please keep us informed of how your situation turns out. Good luck. CrazyRooster

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

kowAlski631

I suppose we're not as patient as you. If a person tells me they'll return my call or get back to me, I give them 48 hours. Then I do a second call. I rarely have to do any more calls.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I wonder how many people have maintenance delayed on their rig because people are impatient and call the manager who should be ordering parts, getting warranty approval or scheduling maintenance instead of talking to you, again. I am sure then that it eventually snowballs to your rig because others are calling in. I am not saying that you should not be kept informed, but some understanding, respect for what they are doing and patience should be practiced IMO. Well, for a good shop anyway. Maybe I am just to patient. When they tell me it will be three weeks I am prepared for double that. They are up against getting parts, which takes Heartland an average of two weeks to get out it seems, and then fitting my rig in among the others that they are dealing with the same manufacture issues.

I am lucky, I guess, in that both of the dealers I allow to work on my rig are very good. I rarely have to call because they keep me informed. If I do call it is first thing Monday morning. The reason for this is that they have not really dug into their day yet, and they are also planning their week out schedule wise.