Terrible Service from Cyclone Dealer and Heartland RV.

donr827

When I was working for a living I would stay after the office and phones closed to return calls from customers. This was taught to me by my dad. Respect other peoples time.
Don

kowAlski631

I ran a division which was pure customer service. My staff knew that phone messages had to be returned within 24 hours with Friday calls returned Monday morning. Even if the returned call only said, "I'm working on your problem and will be back to you on _____ with a status." No excuses for not doing calls, and no excuse for not keeping the client informed. We NEVER lost a client due to customer services in 20 years.

Martha

Jim m,
You wanted to know how it goes, well I still stand by my claim of crappy service from Ray Citte RV and Heartland. I did pickup my trailer today because I was just tired of all the lies mostly from the dealer about the parts being on order or they will be here tomorrow and never showing up. Heartland telling me they would check on the parts and call me back, never did. Well I just to sAve a lot of stress I got my trailer back unfinished, still waiting for that great customer service from Heartland to return a phone call that they promised. Maybe I should have been more proactive calling constantly but the service just was not there. After what I been through over 5 months I could never say I got good service from Heartland and just a bunch of lies from the dealer about the parts being on order when they were not. Well, hopefully some joyful, fun post/pictures to come of good times, or more posts of problems.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
FYI - If you are capable and want to Heartland RV will ship parts directly to you and you can do the repairs yourself. We do that with the minor stuff. That way we know it gets done right :)

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Maybe I should have been more proactive calling constantly but the service just was not there.

Change the maybe to absolutely and you will start getting on the right track. You keep blaming Heartland when self admittedly you were not active in the process of getting your rig fixed. I hope you find some zen.

Change the maybe to absolutely and you will start getting on the right track. You keep blaming Heartland when self admittedly you were not active in the process of getting your rig fixed. I hope you find some zen.
If your telling me these rv businesses are so sorry that you have to continuously be calling them that just proves my point how crappy there service is. I don't know why some of you on here just don't get it, I'm thinking some of you are paid employees of heartland. I make a very comfortable living as a Mechanic and would never treat my customers that way. I know I'm limited on what I can say here but I can't be censored elsewhere. My goodness if I was the only one complaining I have enough sense to look in the mirror and say the problem is me but that's not the picture I'm getting here or the many other social media sites that I discuss this issue.

danemayer

CrazyRooster,

You've expressed your disappointment and dissatisfaction quite a few times now. The dealer has failed in a spectacular way. I get that. You called Heartland and the person you spoke with failed to call you back about the status of the dealer parts order. That's also unacceptable.

But I don't understand why you seem unwilling to pick up the phone one more time to move things along and resolve the situation.

Now you've picked up your RV from the dealer, without it being fixed. And you continue to post here and perhaps as you've implied, in other places, about your dissatisfaction.

I think we're all wondering how what you're doing is going to get your RV fixed.

I don't get it.

Dan,
I have only been responding to all you that think it's great service to blow people off. I have my rig, I have the parts, I have the crappy memories of how I was treated. You or nobody will change how I feel by the way I was treated, I have had a lot of people that agree with me to include YOU in one of your messages. I have learned a lesson here. I can see no matter what I say, I will be in the wrong and you moderators and heartland will be in the right. Let's face it Heartland made a good looking trailer with a great floor plan or I never would have bought it. But I won't praise the service when it's crappy. I will argue with you till **** freezes over about this issue. Look it's over you moderators can quit making me look like I'm the bad guy because I wanted my unit fixed. Have a nice day.

Noofear

If your telling me these rv businesses are so sorry that you have to continuously be calling them that just proves my point how crappy there service is. I don't know why some of you on here just don't get it, I'm thinking some of you are paid employees of heartland. I make a very comfortable living as a Mechanic and would never treat my customers that way. I know I'm limited on what I can say here but I can't be censored elsewhere. My goodness if I was the only one complaining I have enough sense to look in the mirror and say the problem is me but that's not the picture I'm getting here or the many other social media sites that I discuss this issue.
I'm not an employee paid or otherwise and I've never had crappy service at any of the dealerships I went to granted this is my first heartland but I certainly dealt with other models and other rv manufacturers I think I've ran the gamut maybe you're just having a bad string of no luck. If you're that unhappy already maybe you should just look for something else that will make you happy. Life's too short to get so stirred up over a few repairs. Just saying. ....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Noofear , thanks, it's not bad luck. I ts bad service, that's all. I'm not stirred up, I'm just making a point, ok ne person at a time here. Some agree some dont. Life goes on, who knows , maybe I will need mire repairs down the road and we will see if things change. One thing for certain I will never go to Ray Citte RV again for a RV or service. I really have appreciated everybody's comments though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Seren

Most people spend time researching RV companies and the model they want, but spend very little time researching the dealer. Granted, sometimes if you want a specific model there may be few options on dealers, however the inherent problem is that RV dealers make money selling RV's and lose money by paying workers to fix warranty issues. Obviously it takes a good dealer who values their customers that will put a priority on fixing warranty problems reliably and in a timely manner and it is a shame that these dealers are far and few. We actually drove over 500 miles to a family owned dealer to get our Landmark (they only sell Landmarks and DRV's), they actually fixed a bunch of issues with our RV before we even arrived to pick it up. We have been there a couple of times for some minor warranty issues and they have quickly taken care of it. When they had to order parts, they received them from Heartland in 3-4 days. Granted, we live in our RV so we were there watching over their shoulder, but as most people have stated, if you drop off the RV then you have to constantly check up on them since they probably assume you don't need it and it no longer becomes a priority to them. The priorities are those that constantly are looking over their shoulders...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Seren,
No argument here, your spot on. I liked the cyclone best of all the toy haulers I looked at and researched. I never researched the dealer. I just assumed that if I needed service or warranty work it would be taken care of.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OEFVET

CrazyRooster,

May I suggest you going to http://rvservicereviews.com/ and rate your review of the RV dealer. I have been using this site for a few years now since I found it. Now before taking my RV for service I review past ratings of the dealer. Good luck!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

I understand where you are coming from. And it is sad that you have to be proactive with a dealer's service department, but the fact is that is how a good majority of the dealers are. Until the RV industry changes their business model and holds their dealers responsible that will not change. I have been told parts are ordered when they are not by several different dealers over the years. Also the time to receive a part from the time it is ordered to the time received from the factory is too long. Funny how an auto dealer can get a part from their factory in a day or two and for an RV dealer it will take 2-3 weeks. To me it is also unacceptable that a RV Dealer will put non-customers at the end of the line for service. That is why if I need service I call a mobile RV repair service first. They must serve their customer quickly and fairly to stay in business.

Seren

Funny how an auto dealer can get a part from their factory in a day or two and for an RV dealer it will take 2-3 weeks.

When I have had warranty work done at the RV dealer that I purchased it, any parts they ordered from Heartland were received in 3-4 days. I believe it comes down to the dealer as to whether they prioritize the order. Mine does if they need the part quickly. I called Heartland a few weeks ago because of issues with my Anderson 4-way switch and I received it in 4 days. I believe most problems are with the dealers not Heartland.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Funny how an auto dealer can get a part from their factory in a day or two.
When my high pressure fuel pump went out while traveling through PA it took 5 days to get the part. And that was with me paying extra for overnight delivery.

Peace
Dave