Texas Landmark Dealers

Oldelevatorman

No Landmarks ????

Hi Rod,

Thank you for clarifying why Happy Daze decided to stop selling Landmarks in the Sacramento area. I imagine that in the RV industry there are many reasons why a dealership will stop selling one brand and move on to another.

We finally decided on a Landmark back in February after almost buying a Vilano or GD Solitude. Happy Daze only had one, but it wasn't the Newport. ET Quality RV in Yuba City had one but La Mesa beat their price but it was in Phoenix. I couldn't get ET to come down 2 grand in price so we went to AZ and bought it. Now La Mesa in Davis has them on their lot. I know Manteca trailer carries Landmark as well. Happy with ours after 8 months and a cross country trip with a couple of minor issues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Razorbackfan

USN Chief
Re: No Landmarks ????

I went by the happy dayz in Livermore and seemed a little sketchy but might have been the area. See grins here in Gilroy sells Landmark and discounts pretty heavy but they still have a new 2016 Key West sitting there with the ‘18s. Little lady that does sales is super nice and knowledgeable. They do Forest River and Winnebago as well. The front kitchen Riverstone is an awesome floor plan, Landmark should make that one.
I bought my Forest River from Fun Town in Waco and was a really nice dealer and very high volume.

AWesdorp

Texas Dealers

Hi everyone,

I was asked to jump into the Texas dealer discussion. I can tell you that we're thrilled to be doing business with a number of great dealers in Texas, some brand new and some have been LM dealers for some time. Explore USA is a fantastic dealer for Heartland RV but is no longer representing Landmark.

Here is a list of who is an active Landmark dealer in Texas with product either on the ground or on the way, or both:

Fun Town- Denton
Fun Town- Cleburne
Fun Town- Rockwall
Fun Town- Giddings
Fun Town- San Angelo
Fun Town- Waco
Fun Town- Wharton
San Antonio RV-Seguin
Camping World RV- Lubbock
Patterson RV- Wichita Falls
T&S RV- Navasota
Ron Hoover RV-Katy
Ron Hoover RV- Donna
Ron Hoover RV- Boerne
Ron Hoover RV- Rockport
RV Land- Kyle
Bailey’s RV- Lufkin

We believe at this point we'll have product in the Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Dallas and Fort Worth shows, but call to confirm.

Aaron Gramelspacher is the Texas Regional Sales Manager for the Midwest and Texas. He can be reached at 574-266-3985 with any questions, or holler at me at 574-206-2178.

Thank you all and have a great week,
Andy

Rod, this was similarly the response I heard from the ExploreUSA manager I talked to. Heartland had made a deal (with a competing product, not the same product) with another dealership that was costing Explore sales, and they decided it was not in their best interest to try to compete. I have no doubt that other factors play a part in the decision, but this is what started the downward spiral of the relationship at Explore.

Another thought, if dealers are experiencing Heartland parts deliveries that are slow, or wrong parts sent, or broken upon delivery, and cause delays -- that may be cause for the statement "Heartland is difficult to work with." I personally have experienced this in getting parts for warranty work, directly from Heartland, but it was not an inconvenience since my coach was not unusable while I waited.

esscobra

explorer got their underwear bunched because other dealers are willing to deal- they are not - yes they are building nice new dealerships - but not at my cost- they want to be exclusive and didn't think people will travel to save money- they wouldn't budge off list on my special order unit- even when gave them the chance - then when I bought somewhere else they got ****** and that's when they started complaints to heartland- couldn't really discuss earlier - but my unit started a s***storm - I feel heartland will better off going the route they are now in the long run- I cant say enough about the guys at T&S- they went the extra mile and are very fair on their pricing-

Last edited by a moderator: