TFEA Volunteer of the Year Award.

jimtoo

As some of my Heartland friends know, I am a board member and volunteer worker for our local festival. George West Storyfest is the 1st Saturday of November each year. It is a one day event of storytelling, cowboy poets and music. It is a free event and even the parking is free. It is a fully non-profit organization. Even all of our food booths are for non-profit organizations, churches, boy scouts, things like that.

I was ask to attend the annual Texas Festivals and Events Association convention to gain more knowledge about "lots of changes" going on. Unknown to me I had been recommended for the award for volunteer of the year for the state. My wife, Bette, and I attended and participated in some of the workshops during the day and that evening there was to be a dinner and awards ceremony for several different categories of festivals. When they called my name I almost fainted. I was awarded the "Texas Festivals & Events Association Volunteer of the Year, 2014" plaque. I had no idea I had been recommended and on top of that almost my whole family knew about it and was secretly brought in and seated at another table. It's hard to see everyone when there between 300-400 people there. It was a wonderful evening and I was totally surprised.

Am I bragging :),, well maybe a little bit. I have been part of Storyfest since it was thought about, working on year #26 now. We have a great leader and a lot of great volunteers.

So if your in South Texas next November 1st, come and enjoy a day of storytelling and music at George West Storyfest.

Jim M
P1030542.jpg

Kbvols

Awesome!!..great job...while we have never met personally I have read many many of your posts and know without a doubt the award and recognition is very well deserved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
That's really cool that it was a total surprise. Guess there is a reward for telling tall tales. ;)

ILH

Jim - I have been a volunteer for almost 25 years now. I know how special it is to be acknowledged. Congratulations.