Thank you Heartland!

ketah777

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this post. Feel free to move it if it's not. At the beginning of this year my husband and I and our 2 kids moved into our Heartland Gateway 3650BH to travel the country full-time. So far, it has been the adventure of a lifetime. I just wanted to let you know what great customer service we have received from Heartland. First of all, the dealer we purchased from in Jacksonville, FL (Dick Gore's RV World) was fantastic! We received awesome customer service from them and they took care of us after the sale as long as we were still in FL. Since moving on in our travels around the country we needed a few warranty items taken care of like a new kitchen faucet, a new gray #2 tank and a few other minor things. Since we live in the RV we weren't sure how to get all this taken care of on the road and we didn't want to be without our home for too long. We called Heartland and they shipped us all the replacement parts we needed, including the new gray tank. Then they approved us to have a mobile tech come to our campsite and make all the repairs and replacements. We paid the mobile tech and Heartland reimbursed us 100%. I see complaints from unhappy customers online all the time, so I just wanted to post this so you would have some positive feedback. We are so grateful for the excellent customer service we received. Thank you!

pegmikef

Thanks for the positive feedback. It is a very pleasant break from a lot of the haranguing on Heartland that often takes place here. Safe travels!

Last edited:

jbeletti

Thank you so much for sharing how Heartland has helped you during the warranty period. So many owners seem to get hijacked for weeks or months with their coach dropped off at a dealership. And there are times where having a dealer do something may be best.

Down the road, there may be some small things that need taking care of that you may be able to do yourselves and I'm sure Heartland would codsider sending you the parts for self-install when that make sense for you to do.

Thanks again and happy trails!

kowAlski631

We were also full-time during our warranty period and Heartland was there for us also. They helped us so much that we will never go to SOB!!!

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Glad to hear you have all your issues resolved and I agree it is nice to hear positive feedback. So many times people complain so freely about the bad experiences that they forget to compliment when they receive good service. We have always received excellent customer service from Heartland anytime we have called. Enjoy your adventure and safe travels.

sbhoward

I am one of those with new rigs "hijacked" (2015 Big Country) as you so very well put it. So far, it's been at the Dealer for 2 months now with no end in sight. Well, at least they won't return my calls. As far as I know they are still looking for a water leak that appeared as soon as we hooked it up. I believe it was a water line to the icemaker as I told them.

When I did finally talk to someone all I could get is "waiting for parts". I finally called Heartland and got the part shipped off yesterday, 1 month after the order was received. They still can't tell me if the leak has been found and repaired.

We have lost this entire Summer of travel due to having the rig in the shop sitting. After spending this much money, yes, I am upset. Especially the lack of communication.

I called Customer service to see if I could get electrical and plumbing schematics, and was told they don't even have them. She admitted that depending on who wires or plumbs a new rig it may be wired differently! What???? No wonder it takes months to fix simple things. VERY disappointed.

**** it has SAT in the shop more than we have been able to use it.

Last edited by a moderator:

'Lil Guy'

Great to hear that Heartland stepped up for you. I'm waiting on my new Bighorn to tbd. With my 2 previous rigs by HL, I had no issues and hope this will hold true on my new one. However, I'm certain that HL will step up if need be. Thanks for your post with a positive experience.
I also feel these kind of posts should be left without the occasional bash. It takes away from the reason for the post. I think the moderators should have one location for this kind of stuff. With the chance to jump in like this, it makes it appear there are a lot more troubles that there really are. There are people on this site that wait for a post to jump in and vent giving the appearance of more problems than really arise with multiple postings of the same issue all over the forum.

Thanks again for the positive post.

danemayer

As far as I know they are still looking for a water leak that appeared as soon as we hooked it up. I believe it was a water line to the icemaker as I told them.

We have lost this entire Summer of travel due to having the rig in the shop sitting.

If it was me, I would have turned the ice maker water feed line cutoff to OFF and waited until the end of the season to have that fixed.

Btw, I've edited your post a little to comply with forum rules.

Bones

I can say thank you heartland. My service technician who I have been working with since I have owned my camper has been awesome. And I must say Awesome many many times